A7V pcb 1.02, BIOS 1008

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Surinder Sharma, Jan 4, 2004.

  1. Lately on boot-up Windows ME displays the message "Memory access violated
    in module kernel32 at 2576:27494763 (this number keeps varying)".
    Immediately afterwards this message, the anti virus software that is
    launched at boot-up, stops and its icon disappears from tray (located at the
    bottom right corner of the Monitor).
    I am also unable to enter BIOS at boot-up. Upon pressing the delete key
    during memory check at boot-up, black screen is displayed with cursor
    blinking at upper right corner. Hard disk activity can be seen through
    varying intensity of its red signal light. My purpose of entering the BIOS
    is to check the memory settings. I also like to install a DVD burner, after
    checking RAID settings. But I can not enter the BIOS.
    Any suggestion what is ABOVE due to?

    Thanks in advance for any help .

    Here is my system:

    MB: ASUS A7V pcb ver 1.02
    BIOS: 1008
    CPU: Thunderbird 750 with 100fsb
    OS: Windows ME
    Video: Cougar NVIDIA TNT 32 Mag
    HDs: 30 Gig and 60 Gig both 7200rpm installed as
    primary master and primary slave.
    CD ROM & CD Burner: Sec Master & Sec Slave.
    Sound: SB Live [1400]

    Surinder Sharma, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Surinder Sharma

    Bob Petruska Guest

    Here's a great site for A7V troubleshooting with a super forum.....

    http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/

    They may be able to help!

    Surinder Sharma, Jan 7, 2004