A7V600/SATA hard drives/problems

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Vince, Nov 19, 2006.

  1. Vince

    Vince Guest

    I just reciently upgraded from a 16G UDMA/33 hard drive to a pair of 80G
    SATA-150 hard drives. Although the new drives are recognized by the BIOS,
    my computer won't boot from them. Then there is the minor annoyance that
    my HD LED only works the the PATA drives.

    Has anyone else had these problems?

    This is my system:
    A7V600 BIOS ver. 1008
    AMD XP 2000+
    1G PC3200 RAM
    2 Seagate Barracuda SATA 7200rpm 80GB drives model ST380013AS
    IBM Deskstar DTTA-351680 16G PATA
    Seagate ST34321A 4G PATA
    PATA DVD ROM
    PATA CDRW drive

    TIA

    --
    73 de Vince (N7YVL)
    E Pluribus Linux

    Vince, Nov 19, 2006

  2. Vince

    old man Guest

    You need to read the mobo manual as to how to install/setup sata drives in
    your version of win.
    It may involve the F6 option to install sata drives from floppy during
    installation/ or repair of win.
    May be a specific bios setting, and also a raid bios setting
    If these drives are to be primary o/s drives you may care to disconnect your
    extra drives, including the DVD when you set up, in order that drive letters
    are not all over the place.

    old man, Nov 19, 2006