A8N-SLI DELUXE 1007-00x BIOS

Discussion in 'Asus' started by pc, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. pc

    pc Guest

    Where can I find a history of the A8N-SLI DELUXE 1007-00x BIOS
    enhancements? ASUS is not doing a good job of documenting the reasons
    for the rolls.

    Short of that, can any of 'yall elaborate on the subject?

    Also, I have 1006 installed, and and I was surprised to find that the
    ASUS Update program would propose an update to this, which must have
    been one of the BETA BIOSes.

    tx

    pc

    1. Advertising

  2. RJT

    RJT Guest

    pc wrote:
    > Where can I find a history of the A8N-SLI DELUXE 1007-00x BIOS
    > enhancements? ASUS is not doing a good job of documenting the reasons
    > for the rolls.

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/bioshistory.aspx?ModelName=A8N-SLI DELUXE
    It doesnt say much more than this though:

    [ 1007.004 ]
    ----------------------
    Latest Beta BIOS

    [ 1007.003 ]
    ----------------------
    Latest beta BIOS.

    [ 1006 ]
    ----------------------
    1. Fixed after resuming from S3, the CPU multiplier and CPU clock will
    be restored to default value if user overclock.
    2. Fixed show wrong device (ZIP) on summary screen when PATA controller
    was disabled. It should show 'None'.
    3. Change the CHIP fan fail threshold RPM to fix sometimes POST will
    wrong show CHIP Fan fail Msg.
    4. Update A8N-SLI Deluxe Logo.
    5. Add Memory Re-map function SETUP Item.

    [ 1004 ]
    ----------------------
    1. Fixed S3 resume fail in SLI mode.
    2. Add CPU, CHIP, Chassis Fan check Item in Setup and set Chassis Fan
    checking default to Disabled.
    3. Show SATA mode on summary screen.
    4. Update NVRAID BIOS to 4.81.

    [ 1003 ]
    ----------------------
    1. Re-translation item strings, value and help to French.
    2. Fixed asus update 64bit OS fail
    3. Fixed AMD Athlon64 CPU's Processor Family will be wrong shown as
    'Opteron'
    4. Support nVidia DualGPU PCIE VGA card.
    5. Change CopyRight year from 2004 to 2005.
    6. Support PEG for ATI X850 PCIE card.
    7. Modify Cool 'n' Quiet string and default value.
    8. Correct Hyper Transport item string for multi-language.

    [ 1002 ]
    ----------------------
    1. Enable S1 when in SLI mode.

    [ 1001 ]
    ----------------------
    First release Bios

    1. Advertising

  3. pc

    pc Guest

    Right-o. But as I noted previously, it doesn't describe the 1007-00x
    versions.

    Anybody else have a clue where this information can be gotten?'

    tx

    pc

  4. RJT

    RJT Guest

    pc wrote:
    > Right-o. But as I noted previously, it doesn't describe the 1007-00x
    > versions.

    I have seen a beta version of the bios surface on the web with the
    internal notes attached. Those were well documented and told exactly
    what had been changed in each beta. The conclusion therefor is not that
    ASUS doesnt document well, they don't disclose everything to the public.
    Which was my point with the previous post, as it shows that ASUS does
    describe the beta's, but without any comment.

  5. pc

    pc Guest

    RJT wrote:
    > pc wrote:
    > > Right-o. But as I noted previously, it doesn't describe the

    1007-00x
    > > versions.

    > I have seen a beta version of the bios surface on the web with the
    > internal notes attached. Those were well documented and told exactly
    > what had been changed in each beta. The conclusion therefor is not

    that
    > ASUS doesnt document well, they don't disclose everything to the

    public.
    > Which was my point with the previous post, as it shows that ASUS does

    > describe the beta's, but without any comment.

    "it shows that ASUS does describe the beta's, but without any comment"

    I'm very confused. The notes you posted on 4/8/05 don't show any of
    the beta BIOS descriptions -- these are exactly what I found on the
    ASUS site.

    The above quote from your last post seems to imply that ASUS "describes
    the... beta's w/o comment. That feels a bit contradictory.

    My point is still that I cannot find descripitons of beta BIOS changes.
    Have you found this information someplace? Has anybody else? Is
    there a link? A post on another board?

    Thanks.

    mac

  6. RJT

    RJT Guest

    pc wrote:

    > I'm very confused.

    The point is asus DOES keep track of the changes in the beta bioses, but
    DOES NOT disclose this information to the general public when the beta's
    are released.

    Only if you can get your hands on these internal notes - if and when
    they are leaked - will you find what you are looking for. FYI: there's a
    set of these notes floating around that came with a leaked 1003-010 beta
    version of the bios.

  7. pc

    pc Guest

    Aha! Thanks.