    buy this board, but I don't want to buy one then a newer version comes out a
    month later.

    Thanks

    Keith, Jul 17, 2005

  2. Keith

    John Lewis Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:56:49 -0400, "Keith" <>
    wrote:

    >When will ASUS release an updated version of the A8N-SLI Deluxe? I want to
    >buy this board, but I don't want to buy one then a newer version comes out a
    >month later.

    The A8N-SLI Premium is the real replacement for the Deluxe. I doubt
    if you will ever see an updated A8N-SLI Deluxe.

    On the Premium, the SLI (flimsy junk) daughter-card is gone -
    replaced by a software-switch, plus the chip-set is cooled with a
    heat-pipe instead of a fan. Available at Newegg.com.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jul 17, 2005

  3. Keith

    milleron Guest

    wrote:

    >When will ASUS release an updated version of the A8N-SLI Deluxe? I want to
    >buy this board, but I don't want to buy one then a newer version comes out a
    >month later.
    >
    >Thanks

    I don't know. Nobody knows for sure. The only way you're going to
    get the answer to that question is if an Asus employee leaks it. Not
    likely.
    If you like the board, get it. It doesn't have any significant
    problems to correct except for the chipset fan, and that's already
    been addressed. Asus doesn't usually make major revisions to a board.
    They just bring out a new model. However, you might choose to
    consider the A8N-SLI Premium to be the next revision of the A8N-SLI
    Deluxe, and it's already available! IMVHO, one shouldn't get an
    A8N-SLI Deluxe if he can possibly afford the extra $25 for the A8N-SLI
    Premium.

    Ron

    milleron, Jul 17, 2005
  4. Keith

    Ken' Guest

    "milleron" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:56:49 -0400, "Keith" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>When will ASUS release an updated version of the A8N-SLI Deluxe? I want to
    >>buy this board, but I don't want to buy one then a newer version comes out
    >>month later.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>

    > I don't know. Nobody knows for sure. The only way you're going to
    > get the answer to that question is if an Asus employee leaks it. Not
    > likely.
    > If you like the board, get it. It doesn't have any significant
    > problems to correct except for the chipset fan, and that's already
    > been addressed. Asus doesn't usually make major revisions to a board.
    > They just bring out a new model. However, you might choose to
    > consider the A8N-SLI Premium to be the next revision of the A8N-SLI
    > Deluxe, and it's already available! IMVHO, one shouldn't get an
    > A8N-SLI Deluxe if he can possibly afford the extra $25 for the A8N-SLI
    > Premium.
    >
    > Ron

    Ron
    Do you think that Asus will ever update the A8N-E to the premium version
    with the heat pipe?
    I do like the A8N SLI premium, but I don't need the SLI part.
    Thanks
    Ken'

    Ken', Jul 17, 2005
  5. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Thanks for the responses. I don't need the SLI either, but I like some of
    the other features of the SLI board (FireWire, etc.)

    Keith, Jul 17, 2005
  6. Keith

    milleron Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:43:46 -0400, "Ken'" <> wrote:

    >"milleron" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:56:49 -0400, "Keith" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>When will ASUS release an updated version of the A8N-SLI Deluxe? I want to
    >>>buy this board, but I don't want to buy one then a newer version comes out
    >>>month later.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>

    >> I don't know. Nobody knows for sure. The only way you're going to
    >> get the answer to that question is if an Asus employee leaks it. Not
    >> likely.
    >> If you like the board, get it. It doesn't have any significant
    >> problems to correct except for the chipset fan, and that's already
    >> been addressed. Asus doesn't usually make major revisions to a board.
    >> They just bring out a new model. However, you might choose to
    >> consider the A8N-SLI Premium to be the next revision of the A8N-SLI
    >> Deluxe, and it's already available! IMVHO, one shouldn't get an
    >> A8N-SLI Deluxe if he can possibly afford the extra $25 for the A8N-SLI
    >> Premium.
    >>
    >> Ron

    >Ron
    >Do you think that Asus will ever update the A8N-E to the premium version
    >with the heat pipe?
    >I do like the A8N SLI premium, but I don't need the SLI part.
    >Thanks
    >Ken'

    That's very possible, but no one knows. Of course, if you don't like
    the fan, many users have reported excellent results from replacing the
    fans on A8N-SLI-E and A8N-SLI Deluxe boards with very inexpensive
    Zalman heat sinks. Judging by system stability, this mod seems to
    give result as good as the heatpipe. If you do it before the
    motherboard's installed, it's easy to do -- i.e., it's nothing that's
    beyond the capabilities of a beginner.

    Ron

    milleron, Jul 18, 2005
  7. Keith

    milleron Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:53:30 -0400, "Keith" <>
    wrote:

    >Thanks for the responses. I don't need the SLI either, but I like some of
    >the other features of the SLI board (FireWire, etc.)

    That was my thinking, too. I'm running my A8N-SLI Premium with a
    single ATI X800XL.

    >"Ken'" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "milleron" <> wrote in message

    snip