A8N-SLI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Martin Racette, Aug 20, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have updated my computer from an AthlonXP 3200+ to an Athlon64 3200+, using
    the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard, but ever since I started the new
    configuration the computer becomes unresponsive after a few hours (varying from
    1 to 27hrs), and even if the computer is idle it will still freeze on me

    THe motherboard came with the BIOS version 1010, after the first few time that
    the problem occured I tried a to flash it to 1011, and then to 1013, but the
    problem still persist

    Anyone could give me any idea as to what might cause this

    PS. I did a Repair on XP Pro SP2 but to no avail.

    PPS When I contacted Asus regarding the problem they told me that it wasn't the
    motherboard, but the whole hardware and software did work perfectly on the old
    motherboard

    --
    Thank you in Advance

    Merci a l'Avance

    Martin

    Martin Racette, Aug 20, 2005

  2. Martin Racette

    kony Guest

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:14:27 -0400, "Martin Racette"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have updated my computer from an AthlonXP 3200+ to an Athlon64 3200+, using
    >the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard,

    A8N-SLI cannot run an Athlon XP 3200, that is a socket A
    CPU. I don't know what the problem is with the current
    configuration but you might try testing memory with
    memtest86+, measuring voltages with a multimeter, checking
    temps, clearing the CMOS, and finally a clean install of
    XP... all the usual things.

    kony, Aug 24, 2005