    Please can anyone tell me what version I should be using?

    Thank you,

    Don

    Don, Oct 24, 2006

  2. "Don" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just got one of these boards and was wondering what is the latest BIOS.
    >
    > If I use the tool on the download pages of the ASUS site it regularly
    > reports I have an A8N-SLi. It does not tell me I have a Premium version.
    >
    > If I manually select the board type I find different versions of BIOS are
    > offered.
    >
    > Please can anyone tell me what version I should be using?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Don

    Read what it says on the packaging that the motherboard came from the
    factory in. Silkscreened right on the motherboard itself in large letters
    is A8N-SLI PREMIUM. If you can't even open up the case to see what you
    have, why are you even trying to update the BIOS? Do you currently have a
    problem that will be solved with a BIOS update? You know the saying, "If it
    ain't broke..."

    A8N-SLI Premium Bios version 1009 - latest production version
    A8N-SLI Premium Beta BIOS 1302 - latest beta version

    Homer J. Simpson, Oct 24, 2006

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    "Homer J. Simpson" <> wrote in message
    > "Don" <> wrote in message
    >> Just got one of these boards and was wondering what is the latest BIOS.
    >>
    >> If I use the tool on the download pages of the ASUS site it regularly
    >> reports I have an A8N-SLi. It does not tell me I have a Premium version.
    >>
    >> If I manually select the board type I find different versions of BIOS are
    >> offered.
    >>
    >> Please can anyone tell me what version I should be using?
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >>
    >> Don
    >>

    > Read what it says on the packaging that the motherboard came from the
    > factory in. Silkscreened right on the motherboard itself in large letters
    > is A8N-SLI PREMIUM. If you can't even open up the case to see what you
    > have, why are you even trying to update the BIOS? Do you currently have a
    > problem that will be solved with a BIOS update? You know the saying, "If
    > it ain't broke..."
    >
    > A8N-SLI Premium Bios version 1009 - latest production version
    > A8N-SLI Premium Beta BIOS 1302 - latest beta version

    What the *uck is wrong with you?

    I only wanted to know what the latest BIOS is.

    Don

    Don, Oct 25, 2006