a8n sli question

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Matt, Nov 4, 2007.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Matt, Nov 4, 2007

  2. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Matt, Nov 4, 2007

  3. On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:46:44 -0500, Matt <> wrote:
    :
    : "Matt" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : > the fan on my a8n sli motherboard has died.... can I get away with just
    : > this...
    : >
    : > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185039
    : >
    : >
    : > or do I need something special to replace it with?
    : >
    : never mind... I found a heatsink that should work instead.
    :
    :

    If you change your mind these
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683518503919049
    are *fantastic*. I put them everywhere, they're quiet cheap and light
    and a cinch to wire-tie or just lodge onto something hot

    Howard Goldstein, Nov 5, 2007
  4. Matt

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Looks good to me :)

    Ian, Nov 19, 2007
  5. Matt wrote:
    > the fan on my a8n sli motherboard has died.... can I get away with just
    > this...
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185039
    >

    > or do I need something special to replace it with?

    You can order the heatpipe cooler for the A8N-SLI Premium from the Asus
    online store and install that like I did. You'll have to remove the
    heatsink over the MOSFETs next to the CPU to install it as it replaces
    that one.

    --
    Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    To email, remove "nospam" from

    Robert Hancock, Nov 21, 2007
  6. Matt

    Matt Guest

    "Howard Goldstein" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 13:46:44 -0500, Matt <>
    > wrote:
    > :
    > : "Matt" <> wrote in message
    > : news:...
    > : > the fan on my a8n sli motherboard has died.... can I get away with
    > just
    > : > this...
    > : >
    > : > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185039
    > : >
    > : >
    > : > or do I need something special to replace it with?
    > : >
    > : never mind... I found a heatsink that should work instead.
    > :
    > :
    >
    > If you change your mind these
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683518503919049
    > are *fantastic*. I put them everywhere, they're quiet cheap and light
    > and a cinch to wire-tie or just lodge onto something hot

    thanks.. that looks like what I'll have to go with after all... the space
    is too tight for anything else.... stupid video card...

    Matt, Feb 16, 2008