    I just bought that new board and I get nothing when I switch it on? I have a
    geforce pcx5900 pci-e gfx card and 450 psu both 18 and 4 pin connected
    aswell as 512 ram, any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

    ViP, Sep 4, 2004

  2. ViP

    Paul Calvert Guest

    When you say nothing, no sound - beeps - or anything on the LED display on
    the bottom corner of the mth board ?

    I would say that if this is the case and the power is connected, you either
    have a duff mother board or PSU

    Paul Calvert, Sep 6, 2004

  3. ViP

    ViP Guest

    Hi paul, I think ive put the wrong ram in, I put ecc ram which ive been told
    its wrong, would that stop it booting.

    ViP, Sep 6, 2004
  4. ViP

    John Smith Guest

    Hi ,

    Im having the same problem - my machine turns on but doesnt boot - I
    have bought ECC RAM for my AA8-DuraMAX as well

    Can someone tell me if this is the reason why it wont boot up??

    Ive tried ABIT tech support but they have yet to reply.
    Heres my original post to the newsgroup ..

    Hi,

    I recently bought a new AA8-DuraMAX motherboard ...
    http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/uk/mot...ail.php?pMODEL_NAME=AA8-DuraMAX&fMTYPE=LGA775

    Unfortunately I failed to notice that it supports :
    240-pin DIMM sockets (Un-buffered Non-ECC DIMM)

    And I bought 240pin - DDR2 ECC memory

    My system will not boot up - and the digital readout on the motherboard
    reads E3 -

    My question is - does the AA8-DuraMAX work with ECC memory ?
    And if not - if I buy a Un-buffered Non-ECC DIMM - will that solve my
    problem ?

    Can someone get back to me ASAP - I need to have this new machine
    working as soon as possible !!!!

    Thanks for your help,

    Cheers,

    Matt