AB9 Problems - PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Abit' started by chris07, Jul 16, 2008.

  1. chris07

    chris07 Guest

    So I purchased an ABIT AB9 motherboard and installed it into a
    computer, I know what i'm doing and for the first 6 weeks everything
    worked fine. Now everytime the computer falls asleep or is shut off it
    will not power back on, all the lights turn on just like it's running,
    but nothing shows on the screen. I can get the computer back on by
    powering it off and resetting the CMOS jumper but this is obviously
    not a long term solution. Has anyone else had this issue? Let me know,
    thanks. - Chris

    1. Advertising

  2. RobV

    RobV Guest

    chris07 wrote:
    > So I purchased an ABIT AB9 motherboard and installed it into a
    > computer, I know what i'm doing and for the first 6 weeks everything
    > worked fine. Now everytime the computer falls asleep or is shut off it
    > will not power back on, all the lights turn on just like it's running,
    > but nothing shows on the screen. I can get the computer back on by
    > powering it off and resetting the CMOS jumper but this is obviously
    > not a long term solution. Has anyone else had this issue? Let me know,
    > thanks. - Chris

    Could be a power supply problem. What brand and wattage PSU are you
    using? A listing of the other components in the system would help as
    well.

    1. Advertising

  3. chris07

    chris07 Guest

    On Jul 16, 1:31 pm, "RobV" <> wrote:
    > chris07 wrote:
    > > So I purchased an ABIT AB9 motherboard and installed it into a
    > > computer, I know what i'm doing and for the first 6 weeks everything
    > > worked fine. Now everytime the computer falls asleep or is shut off it
    > > will not power back on, all the lights turn on just like it's running,
    > > but nothing shows on the screen. I can get the computer back on by
    > > powering it off and resetting the CMOS jumper but this is obviously
    > > not a long term solution. Has anyone else had this issue? Let me know,
    > > thanks.  - Chris

    > Could be a power supply problem.  What brand and wattage PSU are you
    > using?  A listing of the other components in the system would help as
    > well.

    It is a 500 Watt power supply, I'm guessing the brand is Raidmax, it
    came with the case I ordered.
    The CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz LGA 775 65W.
    Motherboard is of course an ABIT AB9 Pro LGA 775 motherboard.
    And it is running off of 3 GB of CORSAIR 240-Pin DDR2 800 - PC2 6400
    RAM.

    I built it and it worked great for about a month straight (granted I
    only used it for a couple hours each day after work and I never let it
    go into sleep mode) but then all of a sudden it has this problem of
    not wanting to come out of sleep mode. Does this sound like a power
    supply issue? Wouldnt the wrong power supply either not run the PC or
    blow up the motherboard?

  4. RobV

    RobV Guest

    chris07 wrote:
    > On Jul 16, 1:31 pm, "RobV" <> wrote:
    >> chris07 wrote:
    >>> So I purchased an ABIT AB9 motherboard and installed it into a
    >>> computer, I know what i'm doing and for the first 6 weeks everything
    >>> worked fine. Now everytime the computer falls asleep or is shut off
    >>> it will not power back on, all the lights turn on just like it's
    >>> running, but nothing shows on the screen. I can get the computer
    >>> back on by powering it off and resetting the CMOS jumper but this
    >>> is obviously not a long term solution. Has anyone else had this
    >>> issue? Let me know, thanks. - Chris

    >> Could be a power supply problem. What brand and wattage PSU are you
    >> using? A listing of the other components in the system would help as
    >> well.

    > It is a 500 Watt power supply, I'm guessing the brand is Raidmax, it
    > came with the case I ordered.
    > The CPU is an Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz LGA 775 65W.
    > Motherboard is of course an ABIT AB9 Pro LGA 775 motherboard.
    > And it is running off of 3 GB of CORSAIR 240-Pin DDR2 800 - PC2 6400
    > RAM.
    >
    > I built it and it worked great for about a month straight (granted I
    > only used it for a couple hours each day after work and I never let it
    > go into sleep mode) but then all of a sudden it has this problem of
    > not wanting to come out of sleep mode. Does this sound like a power
    > supply issue? Wouldnt the wrong power supply either not run the PC or
    > blow up the motherboard?

    The power supply may be supplying the correct voltages, or it may not
    be. Get a multimeter and measure the voltages at the ATX connector.
    The +5 V, +12 V and +3.3 V should be within 5% of the voltage.

    It sounds as if you have a generic branded PSU and they generally will
    not supply the voltage at the current listed, but even at reduced
    current it should be enough, unless the PSU has some defect, whhich is
    possible.

    No, a bad PSU does not generally "blow up the MB", or do anything else
    spectacular. Usually, the system will not work at all, or it will
    manifest as odd problems, such as yours.

    It's a good idea to have a good quality PSU available as a spare, as
    this is the most frequent item to fail.

  5. saboarsenal

    saboarsenal

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    I have the same problem...anyone help me......

  6. kinneretob

    kinneretob

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    answer

    maybe it's the power supply?
    did you check it?

  7. Lennon

    Lennon

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    also havin a weird problem

    i have the same motherboard and got a weird problem also...
    i have just upgraded my system with a Gtx 260... ever since my motherboard is acting weird...
    i does boot windows always says that it cant read the disk ( i have tried other hard disks so HDD is not the problem).. i have flashed the bios by changin the jumpers... also no luck from there...
    oh yeah also everytime i go on the bios options and change something and save the bios freezes and no way to get out of there without unplugging the power supply...
    any of you guys have any idea what may be wrong with it?

    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008