    misreported. Not sure what to trust at this point. This is Crucial
    Ballistix DDR2 which is supposed to run at 2.2. It works fine at
    1.8...........

    undecided, May 11, 2007

  2. "undecided" <> wrote in message...
    > Had Bios 1.1 B06. My DDR2 was coming up volted at 2.0V.

    Right.

    > The voltage monitor also showed it as running with 2.0V.

    Right.

    > Flashed bios 1.3. Now my DDR2 is coming up at 1.8V.

    Right. That's because uGuru has reset as a result of the flash, and your
    vDDR2 is now back at default.

    > I wonder if it's actually 1.8 or if it's misreported.

    It's correct.

    > Not sure what to trust at this point.

    Trust nobody. Didn't you watch the X Files?

    > This is Crucial Ballistix DDR2 which is supposed to run at 2.2.

    It's not "supposed" to run at 2.2, that's the maximum recommended voltage.
    Different thing altogether.

    > It works fine at 1.8...........

    So leave it there then. No point feeding it any more than it needs to be
    stable.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    The UK's leading BT-owned technology reseller www.dabs.com

    Richard Hopkins, May 13, 2007

  3. Richard Hopkins wrote:

    | Trust nobody. Didn't you watch the X Files?

    The truth is out there.

    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    -- George Orwell

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef

    Bird Janitor®, May 13, 2007