Abit AB9 Pro WiFi M/B settings for OC'ing?

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by P Gagg, May 14, 2007.

  1. P Gagg

    P Gagg Guest

    Hi..... my question....

    During the last couple of days I have just built myself a new Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    based pc. I understand the clock multiplier on Intel chips cannot be changed (even if the
    bios allows it) mine is set to 9.

    Stock speed was 9 x 272 giving a cpu speed of 2400 (2.4Ghz)

    Previously I have already changed the speed to 9 x 300 = 2700 (2.7Ghz) and to 9 x 320
    = 2900 (2.9Ghz) and tested using CPU Stress Tester program and temps were maxing
    out at 51 degress C.

    However, I have now tidied up the internal cables and added one extra case fan and
    temps now do not exceed 44 degrees C after sustained 100% cpu loads.

    Obviously I can keep increasing the FSB speed, but I am worried about the effect of
    increased bus speeds on other PC components, specifically the ram. Do I need to change
    the DRAM settings at all?

    If anyone else is using this board I would be interested to know what settings you are
    using. (Is there an Abit users forum or newsgroup?)

    Thanx

    FYI: The PC spec is as follows:

    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 cpu (4Mb cache)
    Arctic Cooling Pro 7 fan and heatsink (also used arctic silver thermal
    compound)
    Abit AB9 Pro (WiFi) M/B
    2 x Gb crucial Ballistix DDR2 ram ( 2 x 1Gb chips running in dual
    channel mode) rated at 800Mhz
    Nvidia 8800GTS graphics card (320Mb)
    Arctic 600w (modular) PSU
    Hitachi Deskstar 320Gb SATA H/D