Abit AI17 not showing onboard LAN and Firewire

Discussion in 'Abit' started by cAm, Apr 6, 2005.

  1. cAm

    cAm Guest

    Hi,

    After assembling first PC yesterday with:

    Abit AI7 Guru Mobo
    P4 3.0 Ghz 800FSB 1MB L2-Cache
    2 x 512 Crucial DDR400 RAM
    128MB Radeon AGP 8X
    Seagate Barracuda 80GB SATA
    Samsung CDRW/DVD combo
    Sony FDD
    ATX Midi case with 300W Power supply

    I plugged the supplied rear extension for USB 2.0 and Firewire on the
    board where it says "Front panel USB and Firewire"

    When i switched the PC on for the first time, i get some CMOS error and
    i pressed F1 to continue.
    Then i rebooted it again, it didn't show me any error.
    I installed XP Pro SP1 and installed display driver. then went into
    device manage, and it was only showing me that i need to install SM bus
    and sound drivers. there was no firewire and no Ethernet in the list.
    not even in other devices

    I put the ABIT drivers CD in and i got small window on the center of the
    screen "Detecting system devices" but my system hanged and after waiting
    for 5 minutes i had to restart the machine manually.

    This time i installed the chipset and sound drivers by running
    individual setups respectively, rather than autorun the Abit drivers CD.
    Still i did not get LAN and Firewire listed in the device manager. i
    tried installing the realtek drivers on the CD but no luck.
    Then I installed XP SP2 and restarted the machine 3 times.

    I went into BIOS setup and i could not find "OnBoard PCI Devices". On
    the manual it says that this option is under "Integrated Peripherals"

    Do i need to update the BIOS with the new version from ABIT's website or
    there is some jumper settings on the board.

    Please help.

    Regards

    Cam

    cAm, Apr 6, 2005

  2. cAm

    TomG Guest

    your board is supposed to have LAN and firewire according to the Abit web
    site. look in the bios under Integrated Peripherals with the features you
    are looking for listed under PCI Devices, I'm fairly certain.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com