ABIT AS8 Core Duo E6XXX support (similiar ASROCK at i865 has it)

Discussion in 'ASRock' started by tester, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. tester

    tester Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. peter

    peter Guest

    notice that the Asrock supports a higher FSB

    peter

    --
    "Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
    "tester" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All!
    >
    > I have noticed that ASROCK released i865 board *VERY SIMILIAR* to ABIT AS8
    > with Core 2 Duo support. Please take a look below(i865,5xPCI,1xAGP,DDR):
    > http://www.asrock.com/product/ConRoe865PE.htm
    > http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=191
    >
    > Is it possible to ask ABIT to upgrade AS8 BIOS for CORE 2 Duo support?
    > I bet it must be possible to do it...
    > Regards.
    > Mike

    1. Advertising

  3. tester

    tester Guest

    Re: ABIT AS8 Core Duo E6XXX support (similiar ASROCK at i865 hasit)

    User peter said:
    > notice that the Asrock supports a higher FSB
    >
    > peter

    Notice that in AS8 You can set up FSB up to 400MHz (in 1MHz steps) so
    setting FSB to 266 should do the trick(4x266=1066).The board also
    supports fixed AGP/PCI 66/33MHz and dividers for MCH in NorthBridge. It
    should be possible to tweak this board for Core 2 Duo.