ABIT AS8 Support for DDR2

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Dylan C, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. Dylan C

    Dylan C Guest

    tester wrote:
    > Hi All!
    >
    > Anyone knows if it is possible to tweak AS8 mainboard to ddr2 memories?
    >
    > Kind Regards.
    > Mike.

    DDR and DDR2 use different socket architectures. ie, DDR2 won't even
    fit in the board, much less run on it.

    -Dylan C

    1. Advertising

  2. tester

    tester Guest

    Hi All!

    Anyone knows if it is possible to tweak AS8 mainboard to ddr2 memories?

    Kind Regards.
    Mike.

    1. Advertising

  3. fondue

    fondue Guest

    "Dylan C" <> wrote in message
    > tester wrote:
    >> Hi All!
    >>
    >> Anyone knows if it is possible to tweak AS8 mainboard to ddr2 memories?
    >>
    >> Kind Regards.
    >> Mike.

    > DDR and DDR2 use different socket architectures. ie, DDR2 won't even fit
    > in the board, much less run on it.
    >
    > -Dylan C

    Don't discourage him! >:)

    I read a forum of PC builders with photos of PCs people had brought in for
    repair, one had a photo of some RAM that wouldn't fit, so the builder had
    cut his own notches in the RAM to make it fit, lol!

    Lots of pictures of mis-applied thermal paste, all over the socket *before*
    the CPU had been inserted for example. Unfortunately I can't remember the
    site, gave me a few laughs though.