ABIT AS8 Support for DDR2

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Dylan C, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. Dylan C

    Dylan C Guest

    tester wrote:
    > Hi All!
    >
    > Anyone knows if it is possible to tweak AS8 mainboard to ddr2 memories?
    >
    > Kind Regards.
    > Mike.

    DDR and DDR2 use different socket architectures. ie, DDR2 won't even
    fit in the board, much less run on it.

    -Dylan C

    tester, Sep 21, 2006

  3. Dylan C

    fondue Guest

    "Dylan C" <> wrote in message
    > tester wrote:
    >> Hi All!
    >>
    >> Anyone knows if it is possible to tweak AS8 mainboard to ddr2 memories?
    >>
    >> Kind Regards.
    >> Mike.

    > DDR and DDR2 use different socket architectures. ie, DDR2 won't even fit
    > in the board, much less run on it.
    >
    > -Dylan C

    Don't discourage him! >:)

    I read a forum of PC builders with photos of PCs people had brought in for
    repair, one had a photo of some RAM that wouldn't fit, so the builder had
    cut his own notches in the RAM to make it fit, lol!

    Lots of pictures of mis-applied thermal paste, all over the socket *before*
    the CPU had been inserted for example. Unfortunately I can't remember the
    site, gave me a few laughs though.
    fondue, Sep 25, 2006