    SDRAM memory did not exist when the board was realeased ?

    Put in other words, is there a chance that I could install 512MB SDRAM PC133
    modules on my ABIT BE6 II ?

    jibet, Nov 10, 2004

  2. "jibet"wrote in message...
    > The specification of the ABIT BE6 II says that each slot supports
    > memory up to 256MB PC133. Is this a physical limitation or just a note
    > because 512MB SDRAM memory did not exist when the
    > board was realeased ?

    No, it's a physical limitation of the 440BX chipset. To say that each slot
    supports 256MB is factually incomplete anyway. The full story is that these
    boards support a maximum of 128MB per *bank*. One bank is one side of a
    DIMM. Thus, if you do install 256MB sticks, they *must* be double-sided to
    be fully recognised.

    > Put in other words, is there a chance that I could install 512MB
    > SDRAM PC133 modules on my ABIT BE6 II ?

    Yeah, you can install them by all means, but, depending on whether it's
    single or double sided, only 128 or 256MB of each stick will be recognised
    by the motherboard.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom