ABit TH7II Raid Motherboard Locking up giving error tone

Discussion in 'Abit' started by J.R.T., Oct 9, 2004.

  1. J.R.T.

    J.R.T. Guest

    When i boot it does nothing just beeps shows C1 on display. If I clear the
    CMOS it will boot and I can get a prompt. But eratically it will just lock
    up doesn't matter what im doing. I've been in bios, formatting disk,
    fdisking, trying to load windows, ect. it will just stop shows ff on display
    but is stuck. I reset then bam nothing but an error tone showing C1 on
    display.
    Ive flashed the bios didnt seem to help. Fan appears to be working properly
    I dont think its over heating because I can let it sit and it will never
    start till I clear the CMOS.

    I got this from someone who thinks it might have been a virus but cant be
    sure the guy is an idiot (he already screwed his new $1400 PC up by
    downloading xp pack 2 and he doesnt know how to clear it out hehe).

    I checked all connections all appear to be okay. Tried a clean hard drive
    still same thing. another reason i dont think its a virus. Ive heard of a
    motherboard virus but was under the impression that i wouldnt be able to
    boot at all or flash the bios for that matter. Is that right?

    Any ideas would be helpful.

    J.R.T., Oct 9, 2004

  2. J.R.T.

    h2so4 Guest

    > I got this from someone who thinks it might have been a virus but cant be
    > sure the guy is an idiot (he already screwed his new $1400 PC up by
    > downloading xp pack 2 and he doesnt know how to clear it out hehe).

    When I had an Abit TH7IIR I thought it was fool proof. Obviously I was
    mistaken.

    h2so4, Oct 10, 2004