Access Connections WLAN configuration

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Gerald Vogt, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. Gerald Vogt

    Gerald Vogt Guest

    I try to get Access Connections 3.21 to configure my Intel High Rate
    Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Adapter WLAN connections on my TP T30 with static
    128 bit WEP key. Whenever Access Connections tries to connect to the
    access point it fails and just shows a WEP key error in the status
    window. I have entered the WEP key correctly, though. I even tried to
    remove Access Connections and the WLAN adapter driver and reinstalled
    both including reboots in between and creating new profiles, but in vain.

    However, when I use the Microsoft WLAN configuration (let Windows
    configure the wireless settings) enter the WEP key there, I immediately
    get a working connection. Even Access Connections in the status window
    shows a proper association with the access point. But whenever I change
    the profile later or reboot, Access Connections turns off the windows
    configuration again and tries to do it and fails... For this reason, for
    me it seems as if AC has problems configuring the WEP key in the driver
    while the WZC does not have a problem with that.

    Does anyone have an idea how to fix this and get this properly running?

    Gerald

    Gerald Vogt, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Gerald Vogt

    Gerald Vogt Guest

    RWM wrote:
    > I had this same experience about a month ago and concluded to dump AC 3.21.

    Did you go back to another version or did you remove it completely?

    Gerald

    Gerald Vogt, Jun 12, 2004

  3. Gerald Vogt

    C. Eastwood Guest

    I tried AC3.20 last month and found it confusing (guess that's my problem)
    but also that it prevented my A30 from going into suspend mode. AFAIK,
    there's no way to shut it down short of an uninstall, which I did.

    C. Eastwood, Jun 12, 2004
  4. Gerald Vogt

    Gerald Vogt Guest

    C. Eastwood wrote:
    > I tried AC3.20 last month and found it confusing (guess that's my problem)
    > but also that it prevented my A30 from going into suspend mode. AFAIK,
    > there's no way to shut it down short of an uninstall, which I did.

    That problem has been fixed with AC3.21.

    Gerald

    Gerald Vogt, Jun 12, 2004