    Hope someone can help.

    Cheers,
    Babbler

    babblerx, May 5, 2007

  2. babblerx

    babblerx

    Joined:
    May 5, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    shutdown problems - update

    I've finally solved the problem. It seems dust wasn't the problem after all, though obviously it wouldn't help.

    The main problem was installing Vista and not having the full range of drivers. More specifically, the fan controller software. I've reverted back to the factory default of XP home edition and everything seems fine and dandy for now (48 hour burn in test and no shutdown).

    I'm a bit disappointed that I'll have to stick with XP home, but then again, it does everything I need it to do and I'm not really missing the aero interface, saying as how it my 64mb graphics card wasn't suffiicient to run it anyway...though I suppose progress will dictate I have to upgrade sooner or later.

    babblerx, May 7, 2007