Acer 800 corrupt graphics / Change motherboard

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Manil, Oct 31, 2006.

  1. Manil

    Manil

    Location:
    Sweden
    Hi! (Let's try this)

    I have a Travelmate 800LCI with corrupt graphics.

    I have not tried it with an external screen, but I managed to make a screendump and save it to an USB-memory stick. It looks just as corrupt as the screen shows, so I, and my local acer service company conclude the graphics card is broken. They tell me I have to change the whole motherboard.

    Does anyone happen to know whether I cannot just change the graphics circuit?

    Does anyone know any other motherboards that would work in my computer? The 8000-series shares the same chassis. It looks compatible.

    Manil, Oct 31, 2006