    PWB Guest

    I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is there
    2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?
    PWB, Mar 3, 2008

  2. PWB

    Bob Fay Guest

    "PWB" <> wrote in message
    news:wBXyj.26408$...
    >I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is
    >there 2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?

    Your Hard Drive is partitioned as a C and D drive, The D drive contains the
    data files to back up your operating system . You can use the balance of
    the D drive for your own storage. Good Idea to make a backup disk of this
    data in case of hard drive failure.
    Bob Fay, Mar 4, 2008

  3. PWB

    PWB Guest

    "Bob Fay" <> wrote in message

    > "PWB" <> wrote in message
    >>I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is
    >>there 2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?
    >>

    > Your Hard Drive is partitioned as a C and D drive, The D drive contains
    > the data files to back up your operating system . You can use the balance
    > of the D drive for your own storage. Good Idea to make a backup disk of
    > this data in case of hard drive failure.

    so in actual fact theres only 70 gig?
    PWB, Mar 4, 2008
  4. PWB

    Bob Fay Guest

    "PWB" <> wrote in message

    > "Bob Fay" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "PWB" <> wrote in message
    >>>I have an acer 9300series laptop which I thought was 16 gig HDD why is
    >>>there 2 70 GIG HDD in there one is marked DATA?
    >>>

    >> Your Hard Drive is partitioned as a C and D drive, The D drive contains
    >> the data files to back up your operating system . You can use the
    >> balance of the D drive for your own storage. Good Idea to make a backup
    >> disk of this data in case of hard drive failure.

    > so in actual fact theres only 70 gig?

    This is how it looks with my 60 gig drive.

    Item Value
    Drive C:
    Description Local Fixed Disk
    Compressed No
    File System FAT32
    Size 25.25 GB (27,113,701,376 bytes)
    Free Space 13.00 GB (13,962,051,584 bytes)
    Volume Name ACER
    Volume Serial Number 0E4D13C3

    Drive D:
    Description Local Fixed Disk
    Compressed No
    File System FAT32
    Size 25.73 GB (27,631,648,768 bytes)
    Free Space 18.03 GB (19,364,593,664 bytes)
    Volume Name ACERDATA
    Volume Serial Number 12EA1119

    You should have a similar breakdown of your two partitions, but with a
    larger drive. 160 gig = 2 times 70 gig space for storage.

    Bob
    Bob Fay, Mar 4, 2008