Acer aspire 2010 is acting up no video, any information would be great.

Discussion in 'Acer' started by sipote, Nov 27, 2006.

  1. sipote

    sipote Guest

    Hi all, i have a problem with my notebook. It suddenly stopped working,

    screen went black, powerled stayed on, and the 2 leds in front
    (beutooth and wifi) stayed on. After i turned it off and back on it
    gives the same. Ventilator starts turning for 3 sec, power led turns
    green and 2 leds in front stay on, nothing happens, screen stays black.

    I changed the memory allready, didn't change anything. Maybe the HD but

    i think if its broke i should be able to get to the boot screen or
    bios. it does the same with battery power or AC power, battery still
    charges.

    Anyone have any ideas.

    If someone could help me with a service manual would be great also.
    Since i don't have guarantee anymore i prefer to look inside myself
    first before letting it repair.

    Thx
    sipote, Nov 27, 2006

  2. "sipote" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all, i have a problem with my notebook. It suddenly stopped working,
    >
    > screen went black, powerled stayed on, and the 2 leds in front
    > (beutooth and wifi) stayed on. After i turned it off and back on it
    > gives the same. Ventilator starts turning for 3 sec, power led turns
    > green and 2 leds in front stay on, nothing happens, screen stays black.
    >
    > I changed the memory allready, didn't change anything. Maybe the HD but
    >
    > i think if its broke i should be able to get to the boot screen or
    > bios. it does the same with battery power or AC power, battery still
    > charges.
    >

    > Anyone have any ideas.
    >

    > If someone could help me with a service manual would be great also.
    > Since i don't have guarantee anymore i prefer to look inside myself
    > first before letting it repair.
    >

    > Thx

    Have you tried hooking up an external monitor?
    Kevin Childers, Nov 27, 2006

  3. sipote

    sipote Guest

    Re: Acer aspire 2010 is acting up no video, any information

    i did and still nothing
    sipote, Nov 29, 2006
  4. sipote

    Bob Fay Guest

    "sipote" <> wrote in message
    >i did and still nothing

    If you shine a bright light on the screen. do you see data and or your mouse
    cursor? If you can see data, Your back light is burned out.
    Bob Fay, Nov 29, 2006
  5. sipote

    sipote Guest

    Re: Acer aspire 2010 is acting up no video, any information

    i get no video what so ever..i think it could possibly be a bad
    motherboard?
    sipote, Nov 30, 2006
  6. sipote

    maximtm

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hello

    Excatly the same problem since yesterday ! The laptop was working fine for so long. Same thing, lights are on, fan turns a few sacond then stops.

    So it looks like the video card is dead, easy to tell i think, just plug in a monitor into the external monitor plug at the back of the 2010. I personally have no display on the external monitor either, so it must be the video card.

    Not that it is a answer to your problem, but if you could try to plug a monitor and tell me if you have nothing too...

    I guess all is left to do is buy a video card replacement.. I will look at the price

    Regards
    Maxim
    maximtm, Dec 9, 2006
  7. sipote

    Guest

    Re: Acer aspire 2010 is acting up no video, any information

    I have the same problem with my 2012, no screen, it starts fine, lights
    are on.
    I just purchased a used 2012, i will try to make one with two. I will
    see if its the motherboard.

    Let me know if you got yours repaired

    Maxim

    sipote a écrit :

    > i get no video what so ever..i think it could possibly be a bad
    > motherboard?
    , Dec 20, 2006
  8. sipote

    sipote Guest

    Re: Acer aspire 2010 is acting up no video, any information

    I have not had time to play around with my laptop as of yet, again.
    But i will take it appart, i think it could be a bad motherboard.
    :crybaby:
    sipote, Jan 8, 2007
  9. sipote

    Rayder

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    same problem

    hey guys, i have to admit it, i have the exactely same problem, my aspire 1690 stoped working. the 2 led´s from the front are lighted, so as the battery one (but it stops after 10-12sec) , and so as the FAN (it stops after 3 seconds). i have no idea what it may take up to it, any suggestions please ?
    Rayder, Feb 27, 2008