    Dave freeola Guest

    I have just bought an OEM battery for my acer aspire 1670.
    After I inserted it and turned on I got a message saying it was an incorrect battery and the system would go into hibernation. The system closes down and I cannot do anything with it.
    Dave freeola, Oct 26, 2007

  2. Dave freeola

    A Nother Guest

    "Dave freeola" <> wrote in message
    news:fftel9$2qh4$...
    > I have just bought an OEM battery for my acer aspire 1670.
    > After I inserted it and turned on I got a message saying it was an
    > incorrect battery and the system would go into
    > hibernation. The system closes down and I cannot do anything with it.

    Who'd you buy it from? eBay?
    A Nother, Oct 28, 2007

  3. Dave freeola

    Dave freeola Guest

    yes a reputable company in china whom I dealt with before without problems

    Dave freeola, Oct 28, 2007
  4. Dave freeola

    HH Guest

    Obviously the wrong battery. Get your money back if possible.

    HH

    HH, Oct 28, 2007
  5. Dave freeola

    Dave freeola Guest

    It is the same spec as the original volts, m/amps serial number etc so the
    battery is correct. I think maybe the laptop has a fault.

    Dave freeola, Oct 28, 2007
  6. Dave freeola

    > It is the same spec as the original volts, m/amps serial number etc so
    > the battery is correct. I think maybe the laptop has a fault.

    You need to find a known good battery to try to compare it to. Do you know a
    friendly repair shop person?
    A Nother, Oct 28, 2007
  7. Dave freeola

    Dave freeola Guest

    Thanks to all who helped, I have now found that the charging circuit is shot
    so laptop is going skipping
    Dave

    Dave freeola, Dec 2, 2007
  8. Dave freeola

    > Thanks to all who helped, I have now found that the charging circuit is
    > shot so laptop is going skipping

    At least put it up on Craig's List or Freecycle so it doesn't add to the
    waste stream! Or on eBay with a fault description.
    A Nother, Dec 3, 2007