Activating Windows XP on Tablet PC - Doesn't Stay after Reboot

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by James, Jan 7, 2005.

  1. James

    James Guest

    I am using a Compaq TC1000 Tablet PC, running Windows XP SP1. Everytime I
    start the PC up it asks me to activate my copy of Windows XP. So I say yes
    and procede to Activate the product via the Internet. I successfully
    activate the product an login to Windows just fine. After I reboot, I have
    to go through the entire activation proccess again. Anyone who has a clue
    about how to fix this please let me know...

    1. Advertising

  2. Mark Woodief

    Mark Woodief Guest

    are you saying you have windows xp on the tablet instead of Windows XP
    Tablet PC Edition?

    Mark Woodlief
    Leszynski Group
    www.leszynski.com

    "James" <> wrote in message
    >I am using a Compaq TC1000 Tablet PC, running Windows XP SP1. Everytime I
    > start the PC up it asks me to activate my copy of Windows XP. So I say
    > yes
    > and procede to Activate the product via the Internet. I successfully
    > activate the product an login to Windows just fine. After I reboot, I
    > have
    > to go through the entire activation proccess again. Anyone who has a clue
    > about how to fix this please let me know...

    1. Advertising

  3. Chris H.

    Chris H. Guest

    Windows XP Pro is the base operating system on all Tablet PCs, Mark, with
    the "superset" of the Tablet PC Edition running on top. This is similar to
    the Media Center Edition computers, which run a different superset for their
    functionality when the proper hardware is present.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Mark Woodief" <> wrote in message
    > are you saying you have windows xp on the tablet instead of Windows XP
    > Tablet PC Edition?
    >
    > Mark Woodlief
    > Leszynski Group
    > www.leszynski.com
    >

    > "James" <> wrote in message
    >>I am using a Compaq TC1000 Tablet PC, running Windows XP SP1. Everytime I
    >> start the PC up it asks me to activate my copy of Windows XP. So I say
    >> yes
    >> and procede to Activate the product via the Internet. I successfully
    >> activate the product an login to Windows just fine. After I reboot, I
    >> have
    >> to go through the entire activation proccess again. Anyone who has a
    >> clue
    >> about how to fix this please let me know...

  4. Chris H.

    Chris H. Guest

    The simple way, James, I believe is next time you see that screen, call the
    voice telephone number and do it through there. When you get to the live
    operator, explain what is going on and let them guide you.