    leaves a blank line where the number is your supposed to give the customer
    service representative.

    How can I activate this?
    Spider-Waffle, Feb 12, 2008

  2. Spider-Waffle

    V Green Guest

    Huh. Something's wrong. You should have 30 days
    to activate - you should be able to get to the desktop to
    load all your stuff and activate anytime before then.

    Did you create the Administrator account during Setup?

    V Green, Feb 12, 2008

  3. Ya I think so, that's the only account available to log into.

    Spider-Waffle, Feb 13, 2008
  4. Spider-Waffle

    V Green Guest

    2 things:

    Can you get in in Safe Mode?

    The number I think you need to give over the phone
    is the product key: 5 groups of 5 characters. It should
    be with the install CD's.

    V Green, Feb 14, 2008
  5. Yes, I can get into safe mode, but it can't read a CD-r from there so I still
    can't install motherboard drivers and get an internet connection.

    I tried giving them the CD key over the phone but they said it should be
    only numbers.

    Spider-Waffle, Feb 17, 2008
  6. Spider-Waffle

    V Green Guest

    Does your tablet have a CF or SD slot?
    Does it work in Safe Mode?

    > Yes, I can get into safe mode, but it can't read a CD-r from there so I still
    > can't install motherboard drivers and get an internet connection.
    >
    > I tried giving them the CD key over the phone but they said it should be
    > only numbers.
    >
    > "V Green" wrote:
    >
    > > 2 things:
    > >
    > > Can you get in in Safe Mode?
    > >
    > > The number I think you need to give over the phone
    > > is the product key: 5 groups of 5 characters. It should
    > > be with the install CD's.
    > >
    > > "Spider-Waffle" <> wrote in message
    > > > Ya I think so, that's the only account available to log into.

    message

    V Green, Feb 18, 2008
  7. Check your system's BIOS date.
    I've seen this behavior when the BIOS date is wacky (e.g. 2/21/2099)

    Resetting the BIOS date should give you the chance to log in and install
    your drivers (but it may not, ymmv)

    --Hilton Locke

    Hilton Locke [MSFT], Feb 21, 2008
  8. The bios date was correct. It's a normal PC, just a optical drive.

    I've read that your supposed to be able to get a Product ID number from
    tablet PC to activate.

    Spider-Waffle, Feb 28, 2008