Adapter plug for Averatec 6200 series

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by olliejk, Aug 5, 2006.

  1. olliejk

    olliejk Guest

    My AC adapter for my 6220 died. Does anyone know what plug type it uses
    (i.e. S3, S4 etc).

    Averatec will not tell me (which is kind of evil actually) and all the
    Universal adapters in the stores are blister packed and I cannot test
    it out to find out. Averatec is enough of an off brand the boxes on the
    packs do not list it. Frankly I'm kind of annoyed at the whole thing. I
    understand that Averatec wants to force me to buy a new one from them
    (even though there is nothing proprietary about a very standard AC
    adapter). Also, I understand that if you count up all the pennies, the
    people who make the universal adapters don't make enough extra profit
    being helpful to make it worth their while helping me figure out if
    they're product will work for me (i.e. buy it or go away). It still
    stinks that I cannot just walk into one of a dozen electronics stores
    around here with my laptop and broken adapter and say "Sell an adapter
    for this".

    --- Ollie

    olliejk, Aug 5, 2006

  2. olliejk

    olliejk Guest

    olliejk wrote:
    > My AC adapter for my 6220 died. Does anyone know what plug type it uses
    > (i.e. S3, S4 etc).

    Whoops typo!. It's a 6240! I don't think there even is a 6220

    olliejk, Aug 5, 2006

  3. olliejk

    olliejk Guest

    olliejk wrote:
    > olliejk wrote:
    > > My AC adapter for my 6220 died. Does anyone know what plug type it uses
    > > (i.e. S3, S4 etc).
    > >

    > Whoops typo!. It's a 6240! I don't think there even is a 6220

    If anyone is watching this to see, it's an S3. iGo's website is very
    helpful in this regard. There is far more info there then on the box of
    any one product.

    olliejk, Aug 7, 2006