    Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
    Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:00:36 -0700
    Subject: Computer has stopped and I need some advice on fixing it.
    Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
    original | Remove | Report this message | Find messages by this
    author
    I did something quite silly earlier this evening. I have an Abit KV8
    Pro Motherboard and I thought that I would swap out my video card due
    to some other problems. Well, I failed to check to be sure that it
    was compatible with a 64 bit ready motherboard. When I turned it on
    with the new video card, computer wouldn't boot up. I switched back
    to the old card and computer wouldn't turn on at all. The lights on
    the mother board turn on, but the computer takes a while to even try
    to boot up and then it doesn't go through its normal processes to get
    ready for use.

    I went to the Abit web site and it seems like they are saying clear
    the ccmos and try it again. I will give this a go, but will wait
    until the morning or tomorrow evening after work. Is this the right
    track or should I be thinking about something else. I almost always
    manage to get my computer locked up somehow.

    I could use the help so my wife can stop laughing at my tendency to
    wreck a perfectly, almost working correctly computer. Any help or
    suggestions will be appreciated.

    :)

    , Jul 2, 2007

  2. On Jul 2, 12:22 am, wrote:
    > My Post Code is 25 which means the computer has stopped at: Enumerate
    > PCI bus Number; Assign memory an I/O resource; & Search for a valid
    > VAG device and VGA BIOS, and put it ino C000:0.
    >
    > Thanks again. The message below was my original post.

    > More options 2 Jul, 00:00
    >
    > Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit
    > Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:00:36 -0700
    > Subject: Computer has stopped and I need some advice on fixing it.
    > Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
    > original | Remove | Report this message | Find messages by this
    > author
    > I did something quite silly earlier this evening. I have an Abit KV8
    > Pro Motherboard and I thought that I would swap out my video card due
    > to some other problems. Well, I failed to check to be sure that it
    > was compatible with a 64 bit ready motherboard. When I turned it on
    > with the new video card, computer wouldn't boot up. I switched back
    > to the old card and computer wouldn't turn on at all. The lights on
    > the mother board turn on, but the computer takes a while to even try
    > to boot up and then it doesn't go through its normal processes to get
    > ready for use.
    >
    > I went to the Abit web site and it seems like they are saying clear
    > the ccmos and try it again. I will give this a go, but will wait
    > until the morning or tomorrow evening after work. Is this the right
    > track or should I be thinking about something else. I almost always
    > manage to get my computer locked up somehow.
    >
    > I could use the help so my wife can stop laughing at my tendency to
    > wreck a perfectly, almost working correctly computer. Any help or
    > suggestions will be appreciated.
    >
    > :)

    Their advice is exactly what I would do.

    Ernie Scofield, Jul 6, 2007