    Is the 925 an option do you think. I have 750 w power.
    Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    Stuart.
    srt, Jan 9, 2010

  2. srt

    srt Guest

    "First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Do you mean GTX 295? It's SLI on a single card, which means some games
    > that don't scale well in SLI will fall back to GTX 260 levels of
    > performance.
    >
    > At this stage you are much better off getting an AMD HD 5870. A single-GPU
    > HD 5870 is as fast as the dual-GPU GTX 295 and won't have SLI scaling
    > issues. http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3679&p=8
    >
    > Are you in Germany? According to Google.de, GTX 295 runs for about ?380,
    > while HD 5870 runs for about ?350.
    >
    > --
    >

    > "srt" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> My 8800 gtx has just crapped out :(
    >> Just gibberish graphics and I need to replace asp.
    >> Any ideas as to whats a good alternative nvidia?
    >> MB is an Intel D975XBX2 with a core 2 duo 6600.
    >> Is the 925 an option do you think. I have 750 w power.
    >> Any ideas greatly appreciated.
    >> Stuart.

    Hi,
    No not Germany although my newsgroup provision is :)
    I did mean the GTX 295 - - sorry for wrong info in op.
    I have since made a decision to go for a GTX 285 as I needed something a
    bit less open to problems you described.
    Its a good bit cheaper too and I should get it by Tuesday :)
    I've stuck with nvidia though as I quite like them - - - even if the 880 gtx
    did not last as long as hoped :(
    Thanks for your reply.
    Stuart.
    srt, Jan 10, 2010