    will it work? I know DDRII at 667 would be much better but I am hoping to
    do this part of the upgrade later!

    Stuart
    Stuart Rogers, Oct 31, 2006

  2. Stuart Rogers

    Paul Guest

    Stuart Rogers wrote:
    > Dont know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.
    >
    > I am planning on getting an Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA m/b with a Core 2 Duo E6400
    > and I am wondering if it will work with standard DDR memory at the 333
    > speed rather than 400? Obviously I know I wont get max performance, but
    > will it work? I know DDRII at 667 would be much better but I am hoping to
    > do this part of the upgrade later!
    >
    > Stuart

    The chipset on the board support DDR266, DDR333, DDR400.
    http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/p4-series/comparison_p4-series.jsp

    If you download the manual, the memory can be set to [Auto], but
    also has manual options for the three above mentioned rates.
    The chipset claims to support asynchronous operation, so this
    should not be a problem. Just use the DDR333 you've got.

    Paul
    Paul, Oct 31, 2006

  3. Stuart Rogers

    Fishman > Guest

    "Stuart Rogers" <> wrote in message
    > Dont know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes.
    >
    > I am planning on getting an Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA m/b with a Core 2 Duo
    > E6400
    > and I am wondering if it will work with standard DDR memory at the 333
    > speed rather than 400? Obviously I know I wont get max performance, but
    > will it work? I know DDRII at 667 would be much better but I am hoping to
    > do this part of the upgrade later!
    >
    > Stuart

    An unusual motherboard having both DDR2 & DDR memory slots.
    Should work ok if set to run asynchronously.
    Fishman >, Nov 1, 2006