Advice on used system needed

Discussion in 'IBM' started by JohnHermes, Apr 20, 2005.

  1. JohnHermes

    JohnHermes Guest

    The last two used systems I bought I was lied to and found that both had
    hardware problems that were not noticeable on running the machine and
    only discovered later.

    What can I do to comprehensively test a used machine I am looking at to
    make sure it does not have some minor hardware problem that is not
    immediately apparent? Already know about scandisk.

    Is there a good free software utility that will run a comprehensive
    check? Again I've used a couple of these and still found hardware
    problems that did not show on these checks, but they were older
    programs. Any helpful advice is most welcome.