AGP 4x vs. 8x

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Sven Elming, Oct 9, 2004.

  1. Sven Elming

    Sven Elming Guest

    Just a simple question:

    Will it be possible to use a AGP 8x card like Matrox Parhelia on a AGP 4x
    motherboard like APOX 4BEA?

    1. Advertising

  2. Rick

    Rick Guest

    "Sven Elming" <> wrote in message news:4167d22e$0$278$...
    > Just a simple question:
    >
    > Will it be possible to use a AGP 8x card like Matrox Parhelia on a AGP 4x
    > motherboard like APOX 4BEA?

    Yes. A video card must support AGP4X/1.5V operation to be
    used on a 4X motherboard. Most do, but a few of the newest
    cards are AGP8X/0.8V-only and will not work.

    Rick

    1. Advertising

  3. "Sven Elming" wrote in message...
    > Just a simple question:
    >
    > Will it be possible to use a AGP 8x card like Matrox Parhelia
    > on a AGP 4x motherboard like APOX 4BEA?

    APOX? I think you mean EPoX? :)

    Anyway, yes, it'll work fine. In 4x mode obviously, but that's a moot point
    anyway, as the Parhelia isn't anywhere fast enough to need the extra
    bandwidth.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom