    in my display Control panel / FX 5800 / AGP Settings , the AGP rate is 1X ,
    impossible to switch to 2X or 4X the computer restart .
    Any idea ?

    ART, Nov 17, 2003

  2. ART

    BK24 Guest

    Have you changed it in the Bios?

    BK24, Nov 17, 2003

  3. ART

    ART Guest

    Absolutely not .
    The computer runs fine , I mean didn't notice any change .

    ART, Nov 17, 2003
  4. ART

    ??? Guest

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:32:57 -0000, "ART" <art@àart.com> wrote:

    >Sounds strange , my MB is AGP 4X , my video card an FX5800 with 52.16 , and
    >in my display Control panel / FX 5800 / AGP Settings , the AGP rate is 1X ,
    >impossible to switch to 2X or 4X the computer restart .
    >Any idea ?

    Are you using DirectX 9.0b? seems older ones don't know about 4x or
    higher.

    ???, Nov 17, 2003
  5. ART

    Lenny Guest

    ,
    > impossible to switch to 2X or 4X the computer restart .

    You don't say what motherboard chipset you have or the operating system. If
    your OS can't recognise the chipset in your system you won't get full AGP
    functionality. You may have to go to the website of your mobo's manufacturer
    and download a setup utility to remedy this.

    Lenny, Nov 18, 2003
  6. ART

    ART Guest

    Yes DX 9.0b . I used RivaTurner for diagnostic and it shows AGP x4 ,
    sideband address. and fastwrites on .
    I thnik it should OK .
    Thanks all

    ART, Nov 18, 2003
  7. ART

    Helion Guest

    The 52.70 drivers at www.guru3d.com solve this problem. The driver may show
    AGP 1X with the 52.16's as this was a bug, but your card is running at AGP
    4X.

    Helion, Nov 18, 2003