AI7 PWM heatsinking experiment

Discussion in 'Abit' started by RMC, Oct 29, 2004.

  1. RMC

    RMC Guest

    Hello All

    I have managed to drop the PWM temperature (as reported by MBM5) on my AI7.

    The motherboard was running with the CPU at 49 deg C and the PWM was at
    63-65 deg C which I decided was too hot. I decided to identify the MOSFETs
    associated with the PWM circuit (thanks to people in this NG for the info)
    and then I got some self-adhesive thermal interface material.

    I made some heatsinks out of self-adhesive cable clips (thin aluminium
    sheet) , bent them to shape and fitted them using the TIM by cutting up
    small squares of the TIM.

    The result is that the PWM temperature now sits at 58 deg C - an improvement
    of at least 5 deg C.

    The heatsink interface material that I bought is:

    http://www.warth.co.uk/site2003/blue_site/Introductions/KA150-2AC.htm

    The cable clips that I used to fashion the heastinks out of were like this:

    http://img-europe.electrocomponents.com/largeimages/C543923-01.jpg

    So that means my PC, running a Prescott 3 GHz @ 3.3GHzwith two instances of
    S@h, reads the following temperatures:

    CPU = 49 deg C
    PWM = 58 deg C
    case = 27 deg C
    room temp= 24 deg C

    cooling courtesy of an Asetek L120 watercooling kit, one 80 mm inlet fan and
    one 80mm outlet fan plus the PSU fans.

    Cheers for everyone's help

    RMC, England

    --
    http://rs4.anti-leech.com/spam/spambot_stopper.php

    1. Advertising

  2. HAL9000

    HAL9000 Guest

    RMC,

    I was looking at your web page. Would you know of a program, or of
    any list, that would allow one to build false email addresses that
    look valid?

    Also, that looks like a good PWM heat sink you've come up with...

    Thanks,
    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    < snip >

    --
    http://rs4.anti-leech.com/spam/spambot_stopper.php

    1. Advertising

  3. RMC

    RMC Guest

    Forrest

    >Would you know of a program, or of any list, that would allow one to build
    >false email addresses that
    > look valid?

    I don't know of any program - I imagine that http://www.anti-leech.com/
    might have something that may suit you but it's only a guess.

    Cheers

    RMC, England

  4. HAL9000

    HAL9000 Guest