air flow

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Robert, Jul 12, 2007.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    It's 0300 hrs and I'm sitting with my computer again. So I don't have a
    life...

    I was thinking about adding another exhaust fan to my computer case. I have
    (of course) the one in the pwr supply, and one case fan at the lower rear.
    If I add another fan to the lower rear, could I set up a condition, in which
    so much air is being drawn across the lower half of my case, thus creating a
    negative air pressure in the upper half of the case(were the pwr-supply
    lives), and since there is no air to drawn through the pwr-supply, and out
    of the case. Will this cause my pwr-supply to over heat, and fail
    pre-maturely?

    This is kind of long winded yes, but I didn't want to design in a possible
    failure.

    The more I thought about the more it bugged me...
    R. Brooks ASEET A+ MCP 136/140 BSCS

    --
    R. Brooks ASEET A+ MCP 136/140 BSCS

    Robert, Jul 12, 2007