AK38n Won't boot... no beeps

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Tyler Penn, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Tyler Penn

    Tyler Penn Guest

    I've put together a computer out of some old parts I had... Here's the
    setup

    Shuttle Ak38n motherboard
    two sticks of DDR RAM
    AMD Athlon XP 2400
    ATI Radeon 9250SE Video Card
    Western Digital 30GB HD
    CD-Rom Drive
    300W Power Supply

    So I put it all together turned it on and nothing. No beep, and the hard
    drive does not spin up. I even try to eject the CD drive tray and nothing.
    It seems as if the HD and CD Drive are getting no power. I swapped the
    power connectors and the mobo still gets power and the drives still do
    nothing.
    Also, I tried taking the RAM out to try to get any response and still no
    beeps.
    I know the processor is still good because I put it back into my current PC
    and it works fine... Any ideas!? I'm thinking it's a bad motherboard or
    power supply.
    Thanks in advance!

    -Tyler Penn

    1. Advertising

  2. Are you sure you wired it up correctly?
    When I first tried booting mine, I got nothing.
    I had not put the wires up correctly to it. I think the motherboard needed
    another connection that I did not know about.
    So check ALL the power leads to the MB.
    later,
    dave
    (One out of many daves)