    or Mushkin, maybe Viking. Any recommendations? I to keep it reliable
    and fairly inexpensive if possible.

    Phaetos
    Phaetos, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Phaetos

    Roger M Guest

    Phaetos wrote:

    > I am considering getting one of the AK77-600 series baords, seems they
    > can be found fairly cheap these days. That means I have to change my
    > memory out. I don't want to get some no-name cheap DDR memory for this
    > build. I have heard that it is best to get matched sets of sticks.
    > What is meant by this exactly and what is your thoughts on this
    > subject? I am going to stay away from Kingston, haven't been hearing
    > much good things about thier sticks lately. I was considering Corsair
    > or Mushkin, maybe Viking. Any recommendations? I to keep it reliable
    > and fairly inexpensive if possible.
    >
    > Phaetos

    Kingston Value Ram works well for me and is fairly inexpensive. I haven't
    had any problems with Kingston and I have 10 sticks of varying models of
    it in 5 different machines. Stay away if you will but it does have a
    lifetime warranty.

    Roger
    Roger M, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Phaetos

    c Guest

    "Phaetos" <> wrote in message
    > I am considering getting one of the AK77-600 series baords, seems they
    > can be found fairly cheap these days. That means I have to change my
    > memory out. I don't want to get some no-name cheap DDR memory for this
    > build. I have heard that it is best to get matched sets of sticks.
    > What is meant by this exactly and what is your thoughts on this
    > subject? I am going to stay away from Kingston, haven't been hearing
    > much good things about thier sticks lately. I was considering Corsair
    > or Mushkin, maybe Viking. Any recommendations? I to keep it reliable
    > and fairly inexpensive if possible.
    >

    > Phaetos

    I use Crucial and Mushkin in all my systems I build with no troubles.

    Chris
    c, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Phaetos,

    The AK77-600, based on VIA's KT600 chipset, does not support
    dual channel memory. It is not necessary to have a matched
    pair of DIMMs.
    Michael J. Apollyon, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Phaetos

    Nystagmus Guest

    "Michael J. Apollyon" <> wrote in message
    > Phaetos,
    >
    > The AK77-600, based on VIA's KT600 chipset, does not support
    > dual channel memory. It is not necessary to have a matched
    > pair of DIMMs.

    I use Apacer PC3200 with my AK79G Max. Apacer memory is AFAIK owned by Acer
    as is AOpen. Don't have a problem. I don't OC either.

    And I concur with Phaetos, you don't need to purchase a set of matched RAM
    for the AK77-600 as the VIA chipset does not support dual channel.

    Nystagmus
    Nystagmus, Nov 29, 2003