AK77-8XN & AGP X8

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Paul, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hi all

    The AK77-8XN supports 8X AGP

    My GForce4 is 8X compatible.

    The BIOS reports that the AGP is running at 4X, is the normal or is their a
    fix.

    Thanks

    Paul

    1. Advertising

  2. dpos

    dpos Guest

    > The BIOS reports that the AGP is running at 4X, is the normal or is
    > their a fix.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Paul

    This is normal, the BIOS will autodetect the speed of the graphics card as
    long as you leave the BIOS settings to AGP 4x.

    dpos

    1. Advertising

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "dpos" <> wrote in message

    > > The BIOS reports that the AGP is running at 4X, is the normal or is
    > > their a fix.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Paul

    > This is normal, the BIOS will autodetect the speed of the graphics card as
    > long as you leave the BIOS settings to AGP 4x.
    >
    > dpos

    Thanks for the reply

    The Bios is showing X4 but it is greyed out so that I cannot change it to
    X8, is it running at X8 although the BIOS says X4 or is it running at X4, if
    it is X4 how do I change it.

    Thanks

  4. Paul wrote:
    > "dpos" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>>The BIOS reports that the AGP is running at 4X, is the normal or is
    >>>their a fix.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>Paul

    >>This is normal, the BIOS will autodetect the speed of the graphics card as
    >>long as you leave the BIOS settings to AGP 4x.
    >>
    >>dpos

    > Thanks for the reply
    >
    > The Bios is showing X4 but it is greyed out so that I cannot change it to
    > X8, is it running at X8 although the BIOS says X4 or is it running at X4, if
    > it is X4 how do I change it.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Paul,

    You probably know this, but many GeForce4 cards do not support AGP 8X.
    Only the later "stop gap" NV28-based Ti4200-8X, Ti4800SE and Ti4800
    cards do; the rest are 4X.

  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "Michael J. Apollyon" <> wrote in message
    > Paul wrote:
    > > "dpos" <> wrote in message

    > >>This is normal, the BIOS will autodetect the speed of the graphics card

    as
    > >>long as you leave the BIOS settings to AGP 4x.
    > >>
    > >>dpos

    > > Thanks for the reply
    > >
    > > The Bios is showing X4 but it is greyed out so that I cannot change it

    > > X8, is it running at X8 although the BIOS says X4 or is it running at

    X4, if
    > > it is X4 how do I change it.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > Hi Paul,
    >
    > You probably know this, but many GeForce4 cards do not support AGP 8X.
    > Only the later "stop gap" NV28-based Ti4200-8X, Ti4800SE and Ti4800
    > cards do; the rest are 4X.

    Hi

    This is the link to my card

    http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce4mx.html

    It clearly states X8, am I reading this wrong.

    Paul