    One other thing, when playing Diablo the screen will sometimes change
    to a acid trip view (without causing alarm). I can switch to 640x480
    and then back to 800 and it clears up.
    Terry, Jul 16, 2007

  2. Terry

    Eric Parker Guest

    "Terry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have an IC7 G mobo and I have a 6800 GT.
    > When playing Diablo the computer will start alarming. If I quit
    > Diablo the alarm will shut off in a few seconds.
    >
    > What can I do to find out what is causing the alarm?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > One other thing, when playing Diablo the screen will sometimes change
    > to a acid trip view (without causing alarm). I can switch to 640x480
    > and then back to 800 and it clears up.

    Sounds like overheating to me.
    Can you record temperatures (Speedfan or MotherBoardMonitor) ?
    Have you tried just running Prime95 Torture Test for an hour to see if
    that causes it too ?

    Eric

    --
    Remove the dross to contact me directly
    Eric Parker, Jul 16, 2007

  3. Terry

    Vanguard Guest

    "Terry" wrote in message
    >I have an IC7 G mobo and I have a 6800 GT.
    > When playing Diablo the computer will start alarming. If I quit
    > Diablo the alarm will shut off in a few seconds.
    >
    > What can I do to find out what is causing the alarm?

    Do you have a temperature monitor program running? If so, check its
    settings as they may be too low. It might also provide a charting
    function to show you how how the CPU got while you were playing the
    game.
    Vanguard, Jul 18, 2007
  4. Terry

    Terry Guest

    On Jul 18, 1:32 am, "Vanguard" <> wrote:
    > "Terry" wrote in message

    > >I have an IC7 G mobo and I have a 6800 GT.
    > > When playing Diablo the computer will start alarming. If I quit
    > > Diablo the alarm will shut off in a few seconds.

    > > What can I do to find out what is causing the alarm?

    > Do you have a temperature monitor program running? If so, check its
    > settings as they may be too low. It might also provide a charting
    > function to show you how how the CPU got while you were playing the
    > game.

    I will give that a try. Thanks all.
    Terry, Jul 23, 2007
  5. Terry

    SumGuy Guest

    "Terry" <> wrote in message
    > On Jul 18, 1:32 am, "Vanguard" <> wrote:
    >> "Terry" wrote in message

    >> >I have an IC7 G mobo and I have a 6800 GT.
    >> > When playing Diablo the computer will start alarming. If I quit
    >> > Diablo the alarm will shut off in a few seconds.

    >> > What can I do to find out what is causing the alarm?

    >> Do you have a temperature monitor program running? If so, check its
    >> settings as they may be too low. It might also provide a charting
    >> function to show you how how the CPU got while you were playing the
    >> game.

    > I will give that a try. Thanks all.

    Check the BIOS. Does that board have monitoring in the BIOS that is turned
    on?

    My sisters had a similar problem which turned out to be her CPU just
    reaching the temp limit in the BIOS. I couldn't do much at the time so I
    adjusted the alarm setting by a few degrees and all was well.

    Of couse your alarm could be due to voltages etc.
    SumGuy, Jul 26, 2007