    can tell, the MOBO is supposed to support as many drives as I have.

    Any suggestions as to what the issue is?

    Thanks for all input.
    HiC, Oct 5, 2008

  2. HiC

    Conor Guest

    Re: All drives not being recognized - new drive seems to have bumped one of the others

    In article <91b83974-5141-494b-8654-a0e00a9b9f73
    @v30g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, HiC says...
    > Running XP Home and a Soyo SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 v1.0 mobo. The
    > system previously had 1 DVD drive, 1 floppy, 1 IDE drive (the C
    > drive), 1 SATA secondary drive, and 3 USB 2.0 drives which I use
    > mostly for storage and are normally not turned on. System recognized
    > all of these drives, no issues accessing any of them.
    >
    > I added another internal IDE cabled in series with the C drive. I
    > noticed when booting the system with the new drive, it didn't give me
    > a "system configuration changed" message at the POST which has always
    > been the case previously. It booted normally. It now calls the new H/D
    > "F" which was formerly assigned to one of the USB drives and is now
    > ignoring one of the previously recognized USB 2.0 drives. As far as I
    > can tell, the MOBO is supposed to support as many drives as I have.
    >
    > Any suggestions as to what the issue is?
    >
    > Thanks for all input.

    Yeah, its done what its supposed to do and assigned a drive letter to
    the internal hard drive over the external ones.

    If you go into Disk Management, you can assign the "missing" USB2 drive
    a letter.

    --
    Conor

    looking good either. - Scott Adams
    Conor, Oct 5, 2008

  3. HiC

    HiC Guest

    On Oct 5, 7:44 am, Conor <> wrote:

    > > Any suggestions as to what the issue is?

    > > Thanks for all input.

    > Yeah, its done what its supposed to do and assigned a drive letter to
    > the internal hard drive over the external ones.
    >
    > If you go into Disk Management, you can assign the "missing" USB2 drive
    > a letter.

    It doesn't show up in Administrative Tools > Computer Management >
    Disk management. It's not there. The only place I find any indication
    it's attached to the computer is under Computer Management > Universal
    Serial Bus controllers, shows up as "Unknown device". No option to
    name or rename it.
    HiC, Oct 6, 2008
  4. HiC

    HiC Guest

    On Oct 5, 8:14 pm, HiC <> wrote:

    > It doesn't show up in Administrative Tools > Computer Management >
    > Disk management. It's not there. The only place I find any indication
    > it's attached to the computer is under Computer Management > Universal
    > Serial Bus controllers, shows up as "Unknown device". No option to
    > name or rename it.

    Tried a different USB port, now it's being recognized and
    automatically assigned a letter. Hmmm..
    HiC, Oct 6, 2008