Alt F4 Computing

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by Alt F4, May 4, 2004.

  1. Alt F4

    Alt F4 Guest

    Alt F4, May 4, 2004

  2. Alt F4

    kyrio Guest

    The prices at Alt F4 Computing are unbeatable and I know this because I've
    compared them to every other place in this city.

    Now, I've seen the garbage on your site and I see that neither of you know
    how to convert currency. Learn some basic math and come again, y'all.

    http://www.alt-f4.us

    kyrio, May 29, 2004

  3. Alt F4

    dave Guest

    (kyrio) wrote in message news:<>...
    > The prices at Alt F4 Computing are unbeatable and I know this because I've
    > compared them to every other place in this city.
    >
    > Now, I've seen the garbage on your site and I see that neither of you know
    > how to convert currency. Learn some basic math and come again, y'all.
    >
    > http://www.alt-f4.us
    >

    > "Russell" <rsullivan@tastycomputersdotcom_replacedotwith"."> wrote in message news:<NQ7oc.72579$kh4.4171443@attbi_s52>...
    > > Worst prices I've ever seen as well. The processors are easily double the
    > > retail price. Stay away!
    > >
    > > Russell
    > > http://tastycomputers.com
    > >
    > > "Mark McKagan" <> wrote in message
    > > > Terrible prices. Even brick and mortar can beat these prices by 50%.
    > > >
    > > > Gotta be kidding!!

    COUGH COUGH...........CHOKE ............GASPING FOR AIR

    dave, May 29, 2004
  4. For the Duron 1800, this place is almost $40 cheaper than Alt F4.
    http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=CPU#Socket A CPUs (Athlon)

    Jerry

    Jerry Cargile, May 30, 2004
  5. Alt F4

    Russell Guest

    To the Alt F4 "Sales Rep":

    Oh boy. I dislike pointless confrontations, but when you say that my site
    offers "garbage", well, I'll give you a brief mathematics lesson...since you
    seem to be begging for it.

    Today's (05/30/2004) USD to CAD currency conversion is $1 US = $1.363
    Canadian, or $1 Canadian = $0.73368 US. Using these conversion figures, I
    took the first few sample Pentium 4 800MHz Retail Boxed Processors for sale
    at Alt F4 Computing, since you made a point of having the best price on
    them. I compared your prices to the best-known online reseller, Newegg, and
    I also picked the very first online reseller located in your city, Toronto,
    I could find (Altec Micro) and compared their prices as well, since you
    claim to have "unbeatable" prices in your city :

    Pentium 4 2.60GHz HT 512KB 800 MHz Retail
    Alt F4 Price: $318.50 CAD / $233.68 USD
    Newegg Price: $246.70 CAD / $181.00 USD
    http://www.altecmicro.com price: $250.00 CAD / $183.42 USD

    Pentium 4 2.80GHz HT 512KB 800 MHz Retail
    Alt F4 Price: $318.50 CAD / $233.68 USD
    Newegg Price: $242.61 CAD / $178.00 USD
    http://www.altecmicro.com price: $251.00 CAD / $184.15 USD

    Pentium 4 3.00GHz HT 512KB 800 MHz Retail
    Alt F4 Price: $402.99 CAD / $295.67 USD
    Newegg Price: $299.86 CAD / $220.00 USD
    http://www.altecmicro.com price: $305.00 CAD / $223.77 USD

    Pentium 4 3.20GHz HT 512KB 800 MHz Retail
    Alt F4 Price: $504.99 CAD / $370.50 USD
    Newegg Price: $380.28 CAD / $279.00 USD
    http://www.altecmicro.com price: $388.00 CAD / $284.67 USD

    Pentium 4 3.40GHz HT 512KB 800 MHz Retail
    Alt F4 Price: $721.50 CAD / $529.35 USD
    Newegg Price: $567.01 CAD / $416.00 USD
    http://www.altecmicro.com price: $581.00 CAD / $426.27 USD

    Now, I'm not here to jeopardize the right for you to make a living selling
    computers and components online; you have the same right as anyone else to
    do so, provided you have proper licensing, other paperwork and carry through
    with any legal business transactions. I do, however, find dishonest claims
    and extremely inflated prices offensive, but I have the right to choose not
    to conduct business with you, as do other potential customers. Customer
    loyalty and the building of a successful business require ethical business
    practices, which I hope you will take into consideration before posting
    additional unsolicited Usenet advertisements. Good luck to you in your
    present and future endeavors.

    Respectfully,
    Russell Sullivan, Owner
    http://tastycomputers.com

    Russell, May 30, 2004
  6. Alt F4

    kyrio Guest

    That was a typographical error. It was meant to be Corsair 8x512MB
    PC4400 550MHz DDR on a Gigabyte motherboard with model 8KNXP.

    Thanks for pointing that out.

    http://www.alt-f4.us

    kyrio, Jun 11, 2004
  7. Alt F4

    S.Heenan Guest

    kyrio wrote:
    > That was a typographical error. It was meant to be Corsair 8x512MB
    > PC4400 550MHz DDR on a Gigabyte motherboard with model 8KNXP.
    >
    > Thanks for pointing that out.

    My pleasure.

    Corsair PC4400 is some pretty high-end memory...
    Tell me, how do you manage to install 8 modules in 6 DIMM slots ? Piggyback
    two of them ? Rubber mallet ?

    HTH HAND

    S.Heenan, Jun 11, 2004
  8. Alt F4