    or is the 2600 a new style of CPU?

    Thanks in Advance,
    Dean.

    Dean & Monika, May 26, 2004

  2. BTW if I am overclocking or underclocking, it is purely accidental. Any
    ideas of what they should be running at?
    Dean.

    "Dean & Monika" <ua.moc.tensutpo@ekacnomed> wrote in message
    > Hi People,
    > I haven't been around here for a while, but I have a query that I can't

    seem
    > to find an answer to on the web.
    >
    > I upgraded my kids machine today (was XP1800+) with a new Motherboard and
    > CPU (Albatron MB with XP2600+), and the machine says it is a XP2600 but
    > running at 1921mhz. Now my query is this, My Machine is an XP2400+ and it
    > is reportedly running at 2.01ghz. Am I over or under clocking one of

    these

    Dean & Monika, May 26, 2004

  3. "Dean & Monika" <ua.moc.tensutpo@ekacnomed> wrote in

    > I upgraded my kids machine today (was XP1800+) with a new Motherboard
    > and CPU (Albatron MB with XP2600+), and the machine says it is a
    > XP2600 but running at 1921mhz. Now my query is this, My Machine is an
    > XP2400+ and it is reportedly running at 2.01ghz. Am I over or under
    > clocking one of these or is the 2600 a new style of CPU?

    XP 2400+ (Thoroughbred) (133 MHz x 15,0 = 2000 MHz)
    XP 2600+ (Barton) (166 MHz x 11,5 = 1917 MHz)

    --
    Peter Strömberg
    C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03

    Peter Strömberg, May 26, 2004
  4. Dean & Monika

    Donwo Guest

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 23:04:14 +1000, "Dean & Monika"
    <ua.moc.tensutpo@ekacnomed> wrote:

    >BTW if I am overclocking or underclocking, it is purely accidental. Any
    >ideas of what they should be running at?
    >Dean.
    >
    >"Dean & Monika" <ua.moc.tensutpo@ekacnomed> wrote in message
    >> Hi People,
    >> I haven't been around here for a while, but I have a query that I can't

    >seem
    >> to find an answer to on the web.
    >>
    >> I upgraded my kids machine today (was XP1800+) with a new Motherboard and
    >> CPU (Albatron MB with XP2600+), and the machine says it is a XP2600 but
    >> running at 1921mhz. Now my query is this, My Machine is an XP2400+ and it
    >> is reportedly running at 2.01ghz. Am I over or under clocking one of

    >these
    >> or is the 2600 a new style of CPU?
    >>
    >> Thanks in Advance,
    >> Dean.

    The XP2600+ must be a Barton core which runs at a FSB of 166.66 mhz
    with a multiplier of 11.5, which results in a CPU running at 1917 mhz.
    AMD decided that the 512k cache on the Barton made overall performance
    equivalent to the XP2600+ Thoroubred core which runs at 2133 mhz.
    Both your XP2600+ and XP2400+ speeds appear to be correct.
    Donwo

    Donwo, May 26, 2004
  5. Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
    Regards,