    Martik Guest

    Any AM2 motherboards that support old DDR and AGP?

    Thanks

    Martik, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Martik

    Paul Guest

    Martik wrote:
    > Any AM2 motherboards that support old DDR and AGP?
    >
    > Thanks

    AM2 cannot support DDR. AM2 processors only use DDR2.
    The memory interface is on the processor, so the choice
    of the memory is made by AMD.

    For DDR, you need S939 or S754. You can find AGP
    motherboards for S939 and S754, but they are getting
    harder to find.

    This is an example of AM2, DDR2 memory, AGP slot. You'll
    need to pick up some DDR2 memory, but you can reuse your AGP
    video card with this one.

    MSI K9MM-V Socket AM2 VIA K8M800 Micro ATX
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130064

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 3, 2007

  3. Martik

    Martik Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message news:enfg4o$4gp$...
    > Martik wrote:
    >> Any AM2 motherboards that support old DDR and AGP?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > AM2 cannot support DDR. AM2 processors only use DDR2.
    > The memory interface is on the processor, so the choice
    > of the memory is made by AMD.
    >
    > For DDR, you need S939 or S754. You can find AGP
    > motherboards for S939 and S754, but they are getting
    > harder to find.
    >
    > This is an example of AM2, DDR2 memory, AGP slot. You'll
    > need to pick up some DDR2 memory, but you can reuse your AGP
    > video card with this one.
    >
    > MSI K9MM-V Socket AM2 VIA K8M800 Micro ATX
    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130064
    >
    > Paul

    Thanks!

    The last review on newegg says the X2 3800 is no longer supported with the
    latest Bios???

    Martik, Jan 3, 2007
  4. Martik

    Paul Guest

    Martik wrote:
    > "Paul" <> wrote in message news:enfg4o$4gp$...
    >> Martik wrote:
    >>> Any AM2 motherboards that support old DDR and AGP?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> AM2 cannot support DDR. AM2 processors only use DDR2.
    >> The memory interface is on the processor, so the choice
    >> of the memory is made by AMD.
    >>
    >> For DDR, you need S939 or S754. You can find AGP
    >> motherboards for S939 and S754, but they are getting
    >> harder to find.
    >>
    >> This is an example of AM2, DDR2 memory, AGP slot. You'll
    >> need to pick up some DDR2 memory, but you can reuse your AGP
    >> video card with this one.
    >>
    >> MSI K9MM-V Socket AM2 VIA K8M800 Micro ATX
    >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130064
    >>
    >> Paul
    >>

    > Thanks!
    >
    > The last review on newegg says the X2 3800 is no longer supported with the
    > latest Bios???

    I think they both basically lead to the same CPU support page.

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_cpu_support_detail.php?UID=766&kind=1

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produ...upport_detail.php?UID=766&NAME=MS-7312&kind=1

    I see a 3800+ listed there, with 2x512KB cache. And there is one of those on
    Newegg. You can check what versions are available, via the www.amdcompare.com
    site.

    If you think there is something horribly wrong with the 3800+, you
    can always get the 4200+ for another $30.

    Paul

    Paul, Jan 3, 2007
  5. Martik

    bäm Guest

    "Martik" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Any AM2 motherboards that support old DDR and AGP?
    >
    > Thanks

    Asrock-Boards maybe

    bäm, Jan 10, 2007