    motherboard and according to asus probe my idle temps are around 60c which
    seems to be high when 100% cpu load its hitting like 70c, is this normal?

    cheers.

    Lee, Feb 4, 2009

  2. On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:59:12 +0000, Lee wrote:

    > Hi I have a X2 6000+ running at stock speeds on an Asus M2N-deluxe
    > motherboard and according to asus probe my idle temps are around 60c
    > which seems to be high when 100% cpu load its hitting like 70c, is this
    > normal?
    >
    > cheers.

    It's normal if you live in hell, it's not normal otherwise. The idle
    temperature should be in the 30s, the mid 40s if you have a crappy
    heatsink.

    General Schvantzkoph, Feb 4, 2009

  3. "Lee" <> wrote in message
    > Hi I have a X2 6000+ running at stock speeds on an Asus M2N-deluxe
    > motherboard and according to asus probe my idle temps are around 60c which
    > seems to be high when 100% cpu load its hitting like 70c, is this normal?
    >
    > cheers.

    You need to provide three temperature readings to get targeted help:

    Room temperature
    CPU temperature (idle and full load)
    Case temperature (idle and full load)

    In addition, describe your current case fan(s) configuration.

    This information is needed to help pinpoint the reason for your too high CPU
    temperatures.

    Peter van der Goes, Feb 5, 2009
  4. Lee

    ken Guest

    Peter van der Goes wrote:

    > "Lee" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Hi I have a X2 6000+ running at stock speeds on an Asus M2N-deluxe
    >> motherboard and according to asus probe my idle temps are around 60c
    >> which seems to be high when 100% cpu load its hitting like 70c, is
    >> this normal?
    >>
    >> cheers.

    > You need to provide three temperature readings to get targeted help:
    >
    > Room temperature
    > CPU temperature (idle and full load)
    > Case temperature (idle and full load)
    >
    > In addition, describe your current case fan(s) configuration.
    >
    > This information is needed to help pinpoint the reason for your too high
    > CPU temperatures.

    I had seen in an article that I cannot now find that the x2 series
    reported their temps about 21 degrees C higher than actual. I just
    replaced an x2 5200 with an x3 720. The temps on "core temp" for my 5200
    had been 46-48 C at idle and the temps are 32-35 C at idle for the 720,
    all on the same mobo. Thus, I believe the mis reporting of temp on the
    x2 series, so don't panic, just cool the hell out of the cpu and case.

    ken

    ken, Mar 8, 2009