AMD/Intel Price cuts on the MidRange CPUs - DRM tech

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Revanant, Oct 2, 2007.

  1. Revanant

    Revanant Guest

    Here is a question that I am wondering about.. I guess I should do some
    in depth searchings into AMD and Intels websites to discover about DRM
    tech into the current crop of Mid Range CPUs going on sale now.

    [My question is simple though. As far as Intel, I know they have DRM
    tech built in. But what about the AMD X2's now going on price cut,
    which CPUs start with the technology incorporating the dreaded DRM
    tech?]

    [My second question is about the Intel performance enhancements in their
    CPUs. I have noticed in the Anandtech reviews of performance between
    AMD and Intel that AMD still corners the market for a gamers PC, as a
    gamer I would prefer AMD over Intel with the Anandtech reviews. My
    question is for the purposes of buying a future desktop gamers PC but I
    don't like the DRM tech. However I am wondering about laptops too since
    I am a musician and am thinking about getting a Apple/Mac and DRM tech
    incorporated at the chip levels with the laptops. So which should I get
    an older Winblows laptop that doesn't DRM or is there a Apple/Mac laptop
    alternative?]

    Long questions huh? hehe

    I have 2 source website referrals, one from AMDZone and the 2nd from
    Anandtech. In the 2nd website URL it has a AMD/Intel in depth price
    quote...

    1st AMDZone Oct. 1st 2007:
    http://amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=
    8477