Amd XP 3000 venice. Mobo and Ram Recomendations needed.

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Son Of Sheep., Jul 15, 2005.

  1. Amd XP 3000 venice. Mobo and Ram Recomendations needed.

    Iam putting together a media PC and would like to use the Venice XP
    3000 cpu. From what i read it canbe overclocked ALOT. 2.5ghz or more.
    But 2.5 would be find for my system. need a fast CPu for my HD movies
    and videos.

    But what mobo to use for it. It needs top be a decent mobo with USB
    2.0 firewire, SATA onboard audio ect. I want an Abit board as i like
    Abit.

    I was thinking this board: ABIT AN8 (nForce4 PCI-E DDR400 S939) seems
    to have everything i want. But can it be overclocked so my Venice gets
    to 2.5 ghz ??

    RAM but what kind pc 3200,3500,3700 or other even.

    Thanks for any help. If you have put a system together with a Venice
    let us know.

    Thanks.
    Son Of Sheep., Jul 15, 2005