Amptron website

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by SPS 700, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. SPS 700

    SPS 700 Guest

    I went to Amptron website today. Lo & behold they were advertising not only
    Amptron(PC Chips} but also ASRock, Albatron & MSI. Do they
    actually own all these brands too? It was all very interesting as I
    had not been there in about a year or so.

    1. Advertising

  2. rstlne

    rstlne Guest

    "SPS 700" <> wrote in message
    > I went to Amptron website today. Lo & behold they were advertising not

    only
    > Amptron(PC Chips} but also ASRock, Albatron & MSI. Do they
    > actually own all these brands too? It was all very interesting as I
    > had not been there in about a year or so.

    Think of them like Wal-Mart
    They just buy stuff in

    ASRock is Asus.. Asus has like 4 divisions I think.. AsusPower, ASRock
    (economy brand), Asus (normal brand of 2+mil boards/ month).. and now like I
    think they bought out part of Epox? epoc? or whatever..

    Albatron I have never been able to find much info on, and I wouldnt buy
    their kit for that reason

    MSI is a horrible horrible company.. It took me 3 years to get a warranty
    repair, the board comes back so I throw a processor in it and give it a
    whirl and the processor doesnt work, me being a silly bastard I just put
    another processor in the board and it's dead now too.. God bless my asus
    boards

    1. Advertising

  3. lost

    lost Guest

    > ASRock is Asus.. Asus has like 4 divisions I think.. AsusPower, ASRock
    > (economy brand), Asus (normal brand of 2+mil boards/ month).. and now like I
    > think they bought out part of Epox? epoc? or whatever..
    >
    > Albatron I have never been able to find much info on, and I wouldnt buy
    > their kit for that reason

    I think Albatron = PC Chips.

    > MSI is a horrible horrible company.. It took me 3 years to get a warranty
    > repair, the board comes back so I throw a processor in it and give it a
    > whirl and the processor doesnt work, me being a silly bastard I just put
    > another processor in the board and it's dead now too.. God bless my asus
    > boards

    It is sad that we may think of Asus motherboards as being a quality product, for
    no reason other than almost everything else is worse.

  4. rstlne

    rstlne Guest

    > I think Albatron = PC Chips.

    The albatron website never loads for me, and I wasnt able to find much/any
    company info that was in english.

    > It is sad that we may think of Asus motherboards as being a quality

    product, for
    > no reason other than almost everything else is worse.

    I dont really feel this way. I think asus boards are quality boards, from
    design to production to what the end user gets and down to the level that
    they will get on items that need to be serviced. Some parts of asus do need
    to be address'd.. but I think that's the same with every large company.. I
    think they ship something like 2.5 million motherboards a month so some
    people are going to get duff kit.

    I think that many boards out there are of good quality (doesnt mean I would
    buy them)...
    The only company I have been sour'd by is MSI.. Refusing to do product
    returns in the UK because they dont have a RMA system in place. Then when
    it is in place they say the product only has a 1 year warranty, then they
    admit that it was a 2 year warranty but they say that they have allways had
    a rma system and allways given the warranty. Then they decide they will
    repair my board for 10£ (15$~).. so I do that and BOOM the board burns out 2
    athlon chips when I get it back.. My complaint to them about that was
    ignor'd..

    I went through much much much more than this little summary but all in all
    it took them 3 years to give me a board that would destroy 2 processors..

  5. Ed

    Ed Guest

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:07:00 +0100, "rstlne" <.@.> wrote:

    >> I think Albatron = PC Chips.

    >The albatron website never loads for me, and I wasnt able to find much/any
    >company info that was in english.
    >
    >> It is sad that we may think of Asus motherboards as being a quality

    >product, for
    >> no reason other than almost everything else is worse.

    >I dont really feel this way. I think asus boards are quality boards, from
    >design to production to what the end user gets and down to the level that
    >they will get on items that need to be serviced. Some parts of asus do need
    >to be address'd.. but I think that's the same with every large company.. I
    >think they ship something like 2.5 million motherboards a month so some
    >people are going to get duff kit.
    >
    >I think that many boards out there are of good quality (doesnt mean I would
    >buy them)...
    >The only company I have been sour'd by is MSI.. Refusing to do product
    >returns in the UK because they dont have a RMA system in place. Then when
    >it is in place they say the product only has a 1 year warranty, then they
    >admit that it was a 2 year warranty but they say that they have allways had
    >a rma system and allways given the warranty. Then they decide they will
    >repair my board for 10£ (15$~).. so I do that and BOOM the board burns out 2
    >athlon chips when I get it back.. My complaint to them about that was
    >ignor'd..
    >
    >I went through much much much more than this little summary but all in all
    >it took them 3 years to give me a board that would destroy 2 processors..

    That just sucks! I feel for ya dude!

    It's like anything, if you get burned bad enough you'll find an
    alternative and probably never buy anything from the companies that
    screwed you. I can think of 3 companies I'll never deal with again, if I
    can help it!

    I recently bought my 6th Asus mobo, they just work great and keep on
    working (for me), 3 non-Asus boards died on me in 9 months to a year
    since I bought my first Asus board 7 years ago.

    I've built 3 systems for friends with MSI boards, they are all over a
    year old now, all still working fine Thank God! ;p

    Cheers,
    Ed

  6. BoroLad

    BoroLad Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > > ASRock is Asus.. Asus has like 4 divisions I think.. AsusPower, ASRock
    > > (economy brand), Asus (normal brand of 2+mil boards/ month).. and now like I
    > > think they bought out part of Epox? epoc? or whatever..
    > >
    > > Albatron I have never been able to find much info on, and I wouldnt buy
    > > their kit for that reason

    > > MSI is a horrible horrible company.. It took me 3 years to get a warranty
    > > repair, the board comes back so I throw a processor in it and give it a
    > > whirl and the processor doesnt work, me being a silly bastard I just put
    > > another processor in the board and it's dead now too.. God bless my asus
    > > boards

    http://www.albatron.com.tw/

    been around since '84, became Albatron in 2002

  7. rstlne

    rstlne Guest

    "BoroLad" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, says...
    > > > ASRock is Asus.. Asus has like 4 divisions I think.. AsusPower, ASRock
    > > > (economy brand), Asus (normal brand of 2+mil boards/ month).. and now

    like I
    > > > think they bought out part of Epox? epoc? or whatever..
    > > >
    > > > Albatron I have never been able to find much info on, and I wouldnt

    buy
    > > > their kit for that reason

    > > > MSI is a horrible horrible company.. It took me 3 years to get a

    warranty
    > > > repair, the board comes back so I throw a processor in it and give it

    > > > whirl and the processor doesnt work, me being a silly bastard I just

    put
    > > > another processor in the board and it's dead now too.. God bless my

    asus
    > > > boards

    > http://www.albatron.com.tw/
    >
    > been around since '84, became Albatron in 2002

    I get about a 400ms ping.. the site was completly down the other day
    and it had this really really really cheap thing up saying "This site is
    being redesign'd"

    the azza site used to be worse
    http://www.azza.com.tw <-- used to just not load
    http://www.azzaboard.com/ (usa site) <-- check that bad boy out! WOOT

  8. BoroLad

    BoroLad Guest

    In article <PExab.3196$>, .@.
    says...

    > "BoroLad" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>, says...

    > like I

    > buy

    > warranty

    > put

    > asus

    > > http://www.albatron.com.tw/
    > >
    > > been around since '84, became Albatron in 2002

    > I get about a 400ms ping.. the site was completly down the other day
    > and it had this really really really cheap thing up saying "This site is
    > being redesign'd"
    >
    > the azza site used to be worse
    > http://www.azza.com.tw <-- used to just not load
    > http://www.azzaboard.com/ (usa site) <-- check that bad boy out! WOOT

    Tiwanese sites are always unavailable outside of working hours, been
    that way for years!

    I get on ok from the UK, BoroLad

  9. Nystagmus

    Nystagmus Guest

    "Ed" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:07:00 +0100, "rstlne" <.@.> wrote:
    >
    > >> I think Albatron = PC Chips.

    > >The albatron website never loads for me, and I wasnt able to find

    much/any
    > >company info that was in english.
    > >
    > >> It is sad that we may think of Asus motherboards as being a quality

    > >product, for
    > >> no reason other than almost everything else is worse.

    > >I dont really feel this way. I think asus boards are quality boards,

    from
    > >design to production to what the end user gets and down to the level that
    > >they will get on items that need to be serviced. Some parts of asus do

    need
    > >to be address'd.. but I think that's the same with every large company..

    > >think they ship something like 2.5 million motherboards a month so some
    > >people are going to get duff kit.
    > >
    > >I think that many boards out there are of good quality (doesnt mean I

    would
    > >buy them)...
    > >The only company I have been sour'd by is MSI.. Refusing to do product
    > >returns in the UK because they dont have a RMA system in place. Then

    when
    > >it is in place they say the product only has a 1 year warranty, then they
    > >admit that it was a 2 year warranty but they say that they have allways

    had
    > >a rma system and allways given the warranty. Then they decide they will
    > >repair my board for 10£ (15$~).. so I do that and BOOM the board burns

    out 2
    > >athlon chips when I get it back.. My complaint to them about that was
    > >ignor'd..
    > >
    > >I went through much much much more than this little summary but all in

    all
    > >it took them 3 years to give me a board that would destroy 2 processors..
    > >

    > That just sucks! I feel for ya dude!
    >
    > It's like anything, if you get burned bad enough you'll find an
    > alternative and probably never buy anything from the companies that
    > screwed you. I can think of 3 companies I'll never deal with again, if I
    > can help it!
    >
    > I recently bought my 6th Asus mobo, they just work great and keep on
    > working (for me), 3 non-Asus boards died on me in 9 months to a year
    > since I bought my first Asus board 7 years ago.
    >
    > I've built 3 systems for friends with MSI boards, they are all over a
    > year old now, all still working fine Thank God! ;p
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Ed

    While most have good experiences with Asus I am one who didn't and will try
    never to use an Asus product again. I have had good luck with many MBs. I
    tend to stick with brand name MBs and have had much better than a 50/50
    chance of getting a good to great board. Do research before choosing and
    you can sometimes get a great MB from a company not known for great MBs for
    example: the ECS K7S5A from a mid tier company (Elite Group) using a mid
    tier chipset (SiS) became one of the most reliable and best selling MB in
    the last few years. I still have 2 working today that was as good as any
    Asus MB in its day and the K7S5A sold for $67 US. Today SiS is no longer
    mid tier because of the reputation of the SiS 735 chipset.

    Today I am using an AOpen AK79G Max and I couldn't have chosen a more
    reliable and fast enough for my needs MB.

    Most all major MB makers produce good to great and some real stinker MBs.
    Asus is popular because they make MBs that are OC'able more than any other
    that I am aware of. Epox makes a good board too. I have used Shuttle with
    great success and FIC also.

    Bottom line: don't get an Asus MB just because it's an Asus. Do some
    research and get a board that fits your needs and is reviewed well and has
    been out for little awhile so you can read the newsgroups and get the feel
    of how others are doing with the MB.

    Nystagmus