    diabled the Temperature and Fan alarms but it is still beeping at me,
    Has anyone any clues?

    wetterfugal

    wetterfugal, Oct 28, 2007

  2. wetterfugal

    SumGuy Guest

    "wetterfugal" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have been using this computer since I built it about six years and
    > suddenly it has started bleeping sometimes corresponding to a key
    > click but it will bleep when I am inactive, it is bleeping now at
    > irregular intervals. There are three tones involved High (but lower
    > than the post tone} medium and a lower tone.
    > the tones are random and not sequencial.
    >
    > I have identified it as originating from the board and not through the
    > systen Audio card {not the speakers}.
    > I have disabled all system sounds and the alerts from background
    > running sofware such as virus and firewall alers.
    >
    > One of the tones, the lower one sounds like an ABIT GURU alarm. I have
    > diabled the Temperature and Fan alarms but it is still beeping at me,
    > Has anyone any clues?
    >
    > wetterfugal

    Find out what BIOS you have and search for the beep codes.

    Are alarms set in the BIOS?

    SumGuy, Oct 28, 2007

  3. wetterfugal

    wetterfugal Guest

    On Oct 28, 1:07 pm, "SumGuy" <> wrote:
    > "wetterfugal" <> wrote in message

    > >I have been using this computer since I built it about six years and
    > > suddenly it has started bleeping sometimes corresponding to a key
    > > click but it will bleep when I am inactive, it is bleeping now at
    > > irregular intervals. There are three tones involved High (but lower
    > > than the post tone} medium and a lower tone.
    > > the tones are random and not sequencial.

    > > I have identified it as originating from the board and not through the
    > > systen Audio card {not the speakers}.
    > > I have disabled all system sounds and the alerts from background
    > > running sofware such as virus and firewall alers.

    > > One of the tones, the lower one sounds like an ABIT GURU alarm. I have
    > > diabled the Temperature and Fan alarms but it is still beeping at me,
    > > Has anyone any clues?

    > > wetterfugal

    > Find out what BIOS you have and search for the beep codes.
    >
    > Are alarms set in the BIOS?- Hide quoted text -

    The Bios is Phoenix 6.00 I have the beep codes and the nearest I
    can get, because there is a variety of beeps, is a possible RAM
    problem. I have 3 banks of
    512 MB DIM {1.536 GB total) I will try removing them and reinserting
    them firmly and that's all I can think of except possibly removing
    one, try it out and if not replace and try another etc. Is it worth a
    try?

    wetterfugal, Oct 28, 2007
  4. wetterfugal

    > On Oct 28, 1:07 pm, "SumGuy" <> wrote:
    >> "wetterfugal" <> wrote in message

    >> >I have been using this computer since I built it about six years and
    >> > suddenly it has started bleeping sometimes corresponding to a key
    >> > click but it will bleep when I am inactive, it is bleeping now at
    >> > irregular intervals. There are three tones involved High (but lower
    >> > than the post tone} medium and a lower tone.
    >> > the tones are random and not sequencial.

    >> > I have identified it as originating from the board and not through the
    >> > systen Audio card {not the speakers}.
    >> > I have disabled all system sounds and the alerts from background
    >> > running sofware such as virus and firewall alers.

    >> > One of the tones, the lower one sounds like an ABIT GURU alarm. I have
    >> > diabled the Temperature and Fan alarms but it is still beeping at me,
    >> > Has anyone any clues?

    >> > wetterfugal

    >> Find out what BIOS you have and search for the beep codes.
    >>
    >> Are alarms set in the BIOS?- Hide quoted text -

    > The Bios is Phoenix 6.00 I have the beep codes and the nearest I
    > can get, because there is a variety of beeps, is a possible RAM
    > problem. I have 3 banks of
    > 512 MB DIM {1.536 GB total) I will try removing them and reinserting
    > them firmly and that's all I can think of except possibly removing
    > one, try it out and if not replace and try another etc. Is it worth a
    > try?

    Are the beeps only happening in windows?

    I would have thought a memory error would happen at POST.

    If it is happening in windows, close down any monitoring software you have.
    Some monitoring software uses the system speaker for alarms rather than
    sound files.

    Maybe run some memory testing software. If your PC seems to function fine
    except for the alarms, it makes me thing there is maybe something monitoring
    the voltage is being triggered, or the fan speed may be lower than the
    threshold.

    Did you enter the BIOS and check any alarm settings there? My sister had a
    PC that began to just pass the threshold of the temperature alarm in the
    BIOS. Temp was not high enough to freeze PC just to set of alarm
    occasionally.

    Since no-one knew what the noise meant they would just turn up the speaker
    volume to drown out the alarm.

    I assume you have ruled out overheating.
    Any other odd behaviour, problems booting etc...?

    SumGuy, Oct 29, 2007