    Any ideas what error code 5 is on this board ?

    cheers

    mark

    mark, Sep 21, 2006

  2. mark

    mark Guest

    "mark" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Any ideas what error code 5 is on this board ?
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > mark

    also could this be related to using a x2 4200 cpu without bios 2.0 ?

    mark, Sep 21, 2006

  3. mark

    peter Guest

    The error codes are written strangly

    you need to have a close look and see it it is 5.0 or 50
    For 5.0 you need to reset the CMOS....power off...Cmos battery out...5 min
    wait...put it back ..power up and enter the BIOS to correct your settings.

    For 50...your having USB problems check your settings ,mobo connections

    peter

    peter, Sep 22, 2006
  4. mark

    mark Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    > The error codes are written strangly
    >
    > you need to have a close look and see it it is 5.0 or 50
    > For 5.0 you need to reset the CMOS....power off...Cmos battery out...5 min
    > wait...put it back ..power up and enter the BIOS to correct your settings.
    >
    > For 50...your having USB problems check your settings ,mobo connections
    >
    > peter
    >
    > --

    cheers peter,
    could the error 50 be caused by the usb headers being inserted incorrectly
    causing mobo damage ?
    reason im asking is i sold this board on ebay as working, and the new owner
    is having issues,
    cheers
    mark

    mark, Sep 22, 2006
  5. mark

    peter Guest

    Its almost impossible to do that......they have that blank on one side
    but if someone did manage that or plug IEE into USB it would just not work
    and maybe give that error code.
    It would not necesarily break the Mobo...........

    peter

    peter, Sep 23, 2006
  6. mark

    luna Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    > Its almost impossible to do that......they have that blank on one side
    > but if someone did manage that or plug IEE into USB it would just not work
    > and maybe give that error code.
    > It would not necesarily break the Mobo...........
    >
    > peter

    yep after all the grumbling the buyer made, it was USB, thanks for your help
    peter its been very useful :)

    mark

    luna, Sep 23, 2006