  1. Adriaan

    Adriaan Guest

    Suddenly I am getting the following message when I boot up: "System is
    running in Fail-Safe state. Please recheck BIOS - CMOS setup". I looked
    around the BIOS settings but cannot find anything wrong. I reloaded
    optimized settings for everything, no difference. If I press F1 to continue,
    everything seems to work OK. However, next time I reboot the message comes
    right back.
    >What is causing the message and how do I fix it?

    FYI: My system has been running for just about exactly one year (built last
    Xmas break). MOBO = AN8Ultra, AMD - 3800 X2 CPU, 2GB RAM. I am using BIOS
    revision 15 since the later ones don't work with USB-2. I added a USB card
    reader today, but I cannot image that causing it?

    Any help appreciated. Thanks!

    Adriaan

    Adriaan, Dec 26, 2006

  2. Adriaan

    Bacon_Sarnie Guest

    "Adriaan" <> wrote in message
    > Suddenly I am getting the following message when I boot up: "System is
    > running in Fail-Safe state. Please recheck BIOS - CMOS setup". I looked
    > Adriaan

    CMOS battery

    Bacon_Sarnie, Dec 26, 2006

  3. Adriaan

    Adriaan Guest

    How/where do I buy a new one, and how do I replace it?

    Thanks! Adriaan

    Adriaan, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Adriaan

    Adriaan Guest

    AN8-Ultra: When shutting down Windows, it restarts instead?

    When I try to shut down windows, it does not stop after shutting down - it
    restarts right away. I searched Google and found some info on Roxio CD
    creator 5 causing this, but I don't have that installed and none of the
    registry keys that are suggested to be removed are present on my system. Any
    suggestions?

    Windows XP-Home, AN8-Ultra, AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2GB RAM.

    Thanks! Adriaan

    Adriaan, Dec 28, 2006