    Could this be a potential problem?

    Thanks,

    MJR

    Mat, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Mat

    Lazarus Guest

    You wont get a post until you load the bios defaults......thats the way it
    works on any systems I have built.

    I bet you its your video card it doesnt like...try others......is it an ATI
    card by any chance? There are lots of people who cannot get these to work
    with chaintech mb``s myself included.

    Look on their site....its all Geforce cards....see any ATI or even a mention
    of them?

    It smells fishy to me and to others I know!

    I had an ATI 32mb DDR card which works perfect in 2 systems I have....it
    would not work in the chaintech 9cjs and I tried everything including
    increasing the voltage slightly after advice but still nowt!

    It a conspiracy if u ask me!

    Lazarus, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Mat

    jOhN Guest

    Lazarus wrote:
    > You wont get a post until you load the bios defaults......thats the way it
    > works on any systems I have built.
    >
    > I bet you its your video card it doesnt like...try others......is it an ATI
    > card by any chance? There are lots of people who cannot get these to work
    > with chaintech mb``s myself included.
    >
    > Look on their site....its all Geforce cards....see any ATI or even a mention
    > of them?
    >
    > It smells fishy to me and to others I know!
    >
    > I had an ATI 32mb DDR card which works perfect in 2 systems I have....it
    > would not work in the chaintech 9cjs and I tried everything including
    > increasing the voltage slightly after advice but still nowt!
    >
    > It a conspiracy if u ask me!
    >

    > "Mat" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Similar to another post on this board - I too have a 9VJL3 that won't
    >>post. I am using components that work in another system.
    >>
    >>I don't get any beep codes whatsoever. No video - no nothing. Power
    >>is getting to the board because the CPU fan spins up - that is about
    >>it.
    >>
    >>One potential problem might be my power supply. It was sufficient for
    >>an Abit KT7A - however it only has one 20-pin ATX connector - not the
    >>additional 4-pin and 6-pin connectors like on my 9VJL3 board.
    >>
    >>Could this be a potential problem?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>MJR

    Pulled from Intel's website:
    "All Pentium 4 processor-based systems require the standard 2x10,
    20-pin ATX power connector as well as the 2x2, 4-pin 12V connector. Most
    ATX form factor-based motherboards with fully loaded system
    configurations may also require the 1x6, 6-pin connector. Consult the
    motherboard documentation to determine power supply requirements."

    You're going nowhere until you get a new power supply that matches the
    ATX 12V spec.

    jOhN, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Mat

    Mat Guest

    Thanks guys for the advice. I'll try it with another PSU.

    Mat, Feb 8, 2004