Another NF7-S v2.0 troubleshooting thread

Discussion in 'Abit' started by BlargTheDestroyer, May 15, 2012.

  1. BlargTheDestroyer

    BlargTheDestroyer

    Joined:
    May 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    My old system, built around an Abit NF7-S v2.0, motherboard just plain stopped working a few years ago. I still have the board and have been trying to get it to work lately. No luck so far. Here's what happens:

    -Standby power LED illuminates when I turn the PSU on.
    -When I turn the system power switch on, the other LED illuminates as well. All fans (except the northbridge cooler, which has been dead for years) turn at full speed.
    -There is a pattern of 2 rapid but quiet clicks from the PC speaker. There are no other signs of life. The video card's cooling fan spins, but does not produce a signal.
    -If I remove the RAM and power up, I get the proper "long beep" tone that means RAM is not installed. But still no display.

    I have carefully inspected every capacitor; none seems to be leaking or bulged. There is no damage visible anywhere on the board.

    Any ideas?